Merchant ship plans (not just profiles)?

I like to scratchbuild ship models and sometimes the occasional merchant steamship or motorship; however finding decent g.a. plans to download can be a bit hit and miss.  Any era of vessel interests me, but mostly anything built from 1950 up to the present day, including cargo, bulk, tankers, passenger and/or large ferries.  Warships aren't so difficult to find, also I have all the Anatomy of the ship books, but merchant stuff is much more elusive.

Anyone here know of any sites where I might find such plans to download for free?  As I mentioned in the heading, I'm not just looking for profiles; there's plenty of those out there, but the top-down plans showing all of the deck levels, such as this one below. 

Glenmoor_1952_900px.jpg

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Doh!  :banghead: I have both those books but they are in a box somewhere, so I forgot!   :wall: Now, which box of books are they in? :undecided:

Would still be happy to find more plans though please.

Mike

Thanks Kevin but that is of warships pre-1945 whereas I'm looking for merchant ships built after 1950 and up to the present day. It is a brilliant link for warships and auxiliaries though, absolutely full of drawings.

Thank you for looking though.

cheers

Mike

• Like 1

Mike, take a look at this site: http://www.aberdeenships.com

Granted they are all Aberdeen built ships but there is a good range of merchant ships from your favoured era, mine also, and you will find plenty of them with GA drawings and photographs.

Hope this is of help,

Chris

• Thanks 2

Thanks Chris.  I've just spent half an hour on that site and found some nice little cargo vessels and a couple of ferries that will do nicely.  One of my modelling themes is to build models of as many of the (STUFT) ships, that were involved with the Falklands War of 1982, that I can find plans for.  Within that site, I found plans for Northella and Junella, so there's another pair for my build list.

Thanks again.

Mike