Eorofighter twin-seat prototype DA4 or 'oops I did it again'

Early retirement has increased my build speed !! Here's a kit I've had in my stash for a couple of years. Went together quite well, straight from the box really. Paint was a bit of a mix Vallejo MA Barley grey+ white, I then tried some Mr.Hobby 334 Barley grey which seemed a bit weird to start with.....almost like varnish, seemed better on the second coat.

Decals were ok to use but according to my research they are a little inaccurate. Pirate sensor was provided but not fitted till later in the aircraft's life I believe.

Vallejo Satin varnish was the final quote. used some generic line decals for the AMRAAM stripes.

I almost buggered this up at the last leg; after a gloss coat I decided to use some Vallejo Panel line wash, however it's apparently acrylic not enamel based so adhered to well to the outlying parts. In removing the excess I removed it from some panel lines inadvertently. Making a right-pig's ear of it :o.

This accounts for the rather 'over-weathered' look for a prototype.....seems to be my trade mark of late.

Anyway for good or bad, here it is !!:

DSC_0023_2.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

PS: It looks like PostImage has thrown a wobbler and the link addresses have changed to .cc suffix. I've changed previous posts to correct. What a ball ache :suicide:

Edited by Saddler
typo
  • Like 12