Hawker Osprey

Upper wing finally fixed. As usual took a lot longer than anticipated with multiple attempts and multiple broken struts. I have also masked and painted the rudder stripes. Amodel provide the white centre stripe but not the red and blue. Took a bit of time to get a best match. The red is Humbrol Scarlet and the blue Tamiya's ..... well. ... Blue. There doesn't seem much more to do apart from the undercarriage but there is a fair old bundle of small (with relatively large sprue gates) parts still to stick on. We have holidays soon but I hope to finish before we go. 

resized_a0dad3e5-7139-4bc4-8cba-2c3f8152

• Like 3

Undercarriage popped on. Left to solidify up all day.  Wheels on tomorrow. 

resized_1526c21d-6c1b-4e58-bc8e-8b83f0b0

• Like 1

A bit more work done. Undercarriage allowed to harden. And the white stripe added to the rudder. I don't want this to move so have left alone. I'm off on holiday tomorrow so will see if I can get a little more done before we leave for the airport. 

resized_56587254-f8f4-4e8c-bfa2-1d84c144

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from holiday this morning after travelling for the previous 24 hours in taxis and aeroplanes and sitting around in airport lounges. Mind you the Airbus 380 is an awesome aircraft. Spent a couple of hours adding the small bits and tidying up some paint. It doesn't look as if there has been much change but sorting out the small bits takes time. In true short run fashion the sprue gates are not small and need careful and gentle sanding so as not to break, or worse ping them off into the carpet monster.  

resized_0e807702-01f8-4f31-96b6-718ea61b

Ive tidied up,the tyres and TAG's gun. With these and a couple of what are probably aerials under the lower wings (and no indication exactly where they go) it will be finished. I'll leave it overnight to make sure the little bits are firmly attached and try and finish it tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Wheels on and then the undercarriage came off when I handled it too roughly. Measured by result, i.e. It coming off rather than intention which wasn't to dive at it roughly. So glued back on and will leave it to dry until tomorrow when I'll finish the touching up. The arrestor hook is on too but there's some touching up needed around the airframe, especially underneath. 

resized_d22e6cfd-e0df-48c8-9642-fde2b856

Feels like although there's not much more to do the end always seems a little bit further on. 

• Like 2

it's always those last little bits that seem to take forever to complete and knocking things off in the process..... :whistle: that's just par for the course for me!

• Like 1

I'm with Rich here, it's the finishing that takes the time and it seems like you have to keep going over the same bits again and again.  Keep at it, it's a brilliant build of an unusual subject...

Thanks guys. The only thing left to go on is the gun. And I'll do that in the morning. The step also needs some paint but that's a 10 second job. I'll get it done in time. 

Finished. 

resized_9ac3a382-a3ac-45f7-9588-708d0a90

resized_f9405b79-edf2-4490-90f6-fc57d14e

Into the gallery gallery first thing tomorrow. 

• Like 3