In an attempt to keep the personal touch to this RAF build I am going to attempt to model RW382 in its current Biggin Hill restoration scheme that my friend, my young lad and I got to sit on a tour of the hangar. (Time permitting I’m hoping to do a Chipmunk aswell that I first flew in but we’ll save that for another post.) Anyway, back to 382, this particular mk16 started off with the bubble canopy design and was converted to the more “traditional” Spitfire look following a rebuild after an accident. To that end I shall be using ICM’s mk9 kit with some people to hopefully recreate my mate sat in it. Here is the box...begging for a caption competition. Next up some shots of the plastic and the hunt for the correct decals

27564999988_076af12657_b.jpg

• Like 5

Looking forward to this Graham, I don't know how many time's I,ve hovered over the "add to basket" button on KK then bottled out,these kit's

are cheap as chip's but never seem to turn up built I still have nightmare's over their Bf 109 which was an epic fail!

Looks good Graham

I've had a go at the ICM Spitfires, and the only problem I had was with the person building the thing (me) being distracted into starting other new kits and not finishing the job in hand.

There is (should be) an engine in that box.  There are build reviews online that show the engine in place and the cowling removable, so it can be done, but IMO it is much easier to build the kit without engine.

• Like 1