1/48 Tamiya Meteor cockpit enhancement/replacement

MeneMene

I have the Tamiya Meteor F1 up next, and the cockpit is very crude and simple. Eduard doesn't have much PE for it, and I can't find any resin detail sets. Any suggestions? Is the old Eduard PE set (48211) really my best option?

Thanks

1 hour ago, MeneMene said:

I have the Tamiya Meteor F1 up next, and the cockpit is very crude and simple. Eduard doesn't have much PE for it, and I can't find any resin detail sets. Any suggestions? Is the old Eduard PE set (48211) really my best option?

Thanks

IMHO, yes, having just finished the same kit. The Eduard set includes a seat, which is not hard to fold into shape and is more accurate in size than the kit part. The instrument panel is a sandwich with film for the instrument faces. There's also a number of other detail bits to make the area somewhat busier. I also used some pre-painted Eduard RAF seat belts. Do bear in mind that the whole cockpit is basically black, and with the canopy in place (open or closed), the lack of detail is not going to pop out particularly.

You might want to check my post of Feb 19, in which Navy870 and rossm provided some very interesting info, even if it was somewhat on the 1/72 Cyber Hobby F.3.

Good luck,

Bob C.

22 hours ago, MeneMene said:

Thanks

Hi Tech made one for this kit. I've had one for donkey's years.  I have absolutely no memory of where I purchased it. It's pretty good.

FWIW, a build on Hyperscale using it in the F.3 kit.

http://hsfeatures.com/features04/meteorf3wb_1.htm

Edited by TBC

Eduard PE is a good solution. Or you may scratchbuild some details, cause the cockpit is mostly black, details do not make so much sense as a interior green cockpit.

The easiest method....put the "huge" pilot the kit provides. It looks as Czech striker Jan Koller....