1/48 - Sukhoi Su-25K "Frogfoot" & Su-25UB & UTG "Frogfoot-B" by Zimi Model (ex Kitty Hawk project) - 3D renders+test model+box art+schemes

Homebee

I hope they do it right. KH has the the habit of cutting corners and hasten the sale leaving kit with some lazy mistakes while demanding a high price and having the modellers exasperated over those sloppy mistakes. 

• Like 3

On 6/26/2019 at 11:06 AM, Masinissa said:

Box art looks nice. Too bad the 3D renders look like an under developed Tadpole that needs more time in the pond to transform into a proper looking Frogfoot.

Absolute truth!!! Don't like me shape of the nose and the rudder. But the big mistake is to use the R-195 engine. They have other places in the air intakes and use only 50 pcs Su-25BM .  

I started to work on the Su-25 In October 1989, I was a crew chief Slovak 1027, I was doing and overhaul ,maybe something about Su-25 I know . :)

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, B.sin said:

Go to their Facebook page and tell

them, maybe they will listen. 

No they won't listen. They've already committed to this rendering of the Su-25UB/UBK and will cut molds using this bad information. The issue with the engines has been pointed out months and months ago.

I'll wait for Trumpeter/Hobby Boss to downsize the 1/32 kit, or perhaps ICM will decide to add an Su-25 family to their line-up of Soviet jets. There are plenty of examples in Ukraine to measure and get a 1/48 model right. I really don't need a KH kit that then requires $100 of resin corrections. (See 1/48 KH Banshee):bangin:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, paulsbrown said:

But isn't that one too short or something like that?

T/HB usually fixes the issues found in their 1/32 scale kits when they redo them in 1/48. The shape issues with the 1/32 Su-27 were (mostly) addressed when the made the 1/48 scale kit. IIRC the LERX are a little off, but it's a big step up in quality versus the 1/48 Academy Su-27.:footy:

My hope is ICM comes to the rescue. They made a very good family of MiG-25s and they will retool parts that aren't shaped right.

On 9/13/2019 at 8:46 AM, Homebee said:

More boxing/variants expected, like Su-25UBK

FB-IMG-1567843987673.jpg

V.P.

UB(K) is the one between the two images marked with arrows. The second marked one is the UTG (the arresting hook is clearly visible in the extended position).

Edited by Dudikoff

• 5 weeks later...

I hope the image with the side profiles is distorted and shortened in some way, or not representative of what the kits going to look like as the front fuselage and intakes look horrific.

*Edit. Just noticed the front of the nose is hinged down in the open position for some bizarre reason so not as horrific as first thought, intakes still look a bit too short and fat though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just a small detail. According to box art, the UB engine has an R-195. But what is a mistake. Only three UB have this engines.

Engine and nozzle R-95Sh in 99% Su-25 ....

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

... and R-195.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The UB version has air intake in a smaller and different place.

spacer.png

These are just a first detail that are bad for KH renders. That's why I'm seriously worried, that the model will be bad.In contrast, Eduard Spitfire is an early U/C pump perfect model. 😀

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Sukhoi Su-25K "Frogfoot" & Su-25UB & UTG "Frogfoot-B" by Zimi Model (ex Kitty Hawk project) - 3D renders+test model+box art+schemes