'View All Notifications' - some bold?

When I choose 'View All Notifications' from the 'notifications' menu some of the entries are in bold and others are plain.

Is there a reason for this please?

More background.

My normal 'review' of new posts is 'Content I Follow' and this picks up all the threads I've followed, allowing me to catch up.

Clicking on the little 'star' takes me to the first un-read post; great stuff.

I then view all notifications to see if members that I follow have posted any new topics.

I hope this means I don't miss anything of specific interest to me.

If anyone has a better method, let me know... and it would be good to find out why some notifications are bold - it might save some more time?

Hi Ced,

Seems a pretty robust system for finding relevant content to me, it's exactly what I do (along with general browsing of course).

I think the bold/not-bold notifications simply show what is "new". Certainly my notification counter ticks upwards and, once I have clicked on the bell icon, resets to zero. Once it's zeroed, there are no bold entries, though it usually takes either a few minutes or (more likely) me to navigate to a new BM page for this to take effect.

I have browser pop-up notifications disabled, which may have an effect on the list. I imagine that if you react to a pop-up notification, that may then show up as "seen" and therefore not-bold in the list, while others before and after that remain bold.

Edited by amblypygid
Sudden thought....
  • Thanks 1