Nervously tapped the 'New Topic' button...

Eagle85

Hi all,

Very long time (8+ years!) lurker here but thought I'd finally sign up and say hello. I don't really like talking about myself so somewhat stumped for content now but I'll join in along the way. I used to be quite active on the show scene with my local club but I prefer to be in my own little world more often now and there's just not enough hours in the week for me lately to attend shows, I still visit the odd show for a look around though when time (my Wife!) permits.

I look forward to joining in.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome!

Im sure you’ll soon join in with the swing of things. No matter what info you may be looking for, someone always has the answer or knows where it might be found.

I look forward to your posts :winkgrin:

Trevor

Welcome to the madhouse. You'll soon get the hang of how it works around here and after a few posts it'll be like you were never NOT here.

They're a friendly bunch, very tolerant (they put up with me!) and questions are usually answered PDQ. Not a bad place to be.

Welcome! I’ve been here for 10 years and have only just started my first kit in almost as long a time. Work and family kept me busy and I also suck at putting kits together and painting them. I’m now retired so have the time. I, too, have been a mostly solitary modeller most of my life. In (much) younger days, those friends who did build models built cars while I did 1/72 aircraft. After marriage, I didn’t know anyone else who did do kits. So when I found the Internet and this place, I was hooked.

Welcome! You'll feel right at home soon enough. I'm not really one for online presence myself but I really like this place. The stuff some people post on here is sometimes mindblowing but there's a friendly word for posters on all levels!

Hello and :welcome: to Britmodeller, glad to see that you've stopped lurking. Everything posted above is true; this is a great place to be. You don't mention your interests; but, that's okay. We all speak "Modeller" here and are eager to see your stuff.  I am Joe, live in the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. My interests are 1/72nd scale aircraft, any era. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

Hi, Its great that you have signed up - you will find people are great on here. I only joined a couple of weeks ago and have found people to be very welcoming and encouraging. I am still trying to find my way around this massive forum and feel a bit overwhelmed. It was with some anxiety that I posted pictures of my first model - but I need not have worried, people have been so kind and positive and I have also been given a few tips that will be helpful for future models.  I certainly plan to swallow my pride and share future (probably embarressing) models and to try to be involved.

So welcome to this really intersting forum :-)

Ian

Welcome to BM. Top tip if you've not built a model for years.....  Choose the best kit you can (of whatever genre) A cheap and simple kit won't do much to inspire you..... and  then search on here for a WIP of said model and 'play along' with it. Most likely, you're into wingy things, but I do drag myself from under the wheels of a tank occasionally so I may see your work at some point!

Enjoy.

Rearguards,

Badder