Revell Victor K2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tornado despite my declaration was not ready for decalling, took a lot before it is now actually ready, as for the victor, lost a lot of motivation with it but the upper paint is done, pilots in progress to pop the canopy on. Then todo the underside and the dreaded intakes 

41025852700_cf9e940a04_b.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Keep going, PhantomBigStu. This Victor looks as if it will turn out a beauty. It's decades since I built a Revell kit but I thought they had the reputation of having well fitting parts - it's a shock to see all this filler. Cheers. Mike

17 minutes ago, Ventora3300 said:

Keep going, PhantomBigStu. This Victor looks as if it will turn out a beauty. It's decades since I built a Revell kit but I thought they had the reputation of having well fitting parts - it's a shock to see all this filler. Cheers. Mike

Kits a matchbox tool from 1983

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Kits a matchbox tool from 1983

Oh dear, it's the Matchbox kit I have stashed away and I thought it would be a humdinger after all the good experiences with other Matchbox kits in the recent Matchbox GB. Ah well, you live and learn! Mike

What filler are you using?

I use Milliput, which, if applied with water can be smoothed on and wiped down wet - so rarely needs sanding.  It sometimes needs a reapplication if theres shrinkage (rare).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

What filler are you using?

I use Milliput, which, if applied with water can be smoothed on and wiped down wet - so rarely needs sanding.  It sometimes needs a reapplication if theres shrinkage (rare).

It’s Wilkos own brand filler which is very similar to polyfilla only cheaper, also can be wiped of with water though sometimes it wipes off more than needed hence for larger areas I dry sand it. Gave it a massive going over during the 🇸🇪🇨🇭 match, all it needs is a fine sand or two and should be done. Then it’s repairing the upper paint work and sorting out the canopy

• Like 2

been losing the will live with since the England’s buzz  wore off over the underside, though having woke up early this morning having dreamt I smashed it up and spend the day festering on it I’ve had the epiphany, I’m not going to see the underside when on display and I’m always going to do the airfix K2 sooner rather than later to replace it. Now to crack on and try and make the deadline. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sad news, this not only won’t make the gallery it cannot be completed, had a a big family dust up Thursday afternoon, and unfortunately I had not calmed down enough when’s I sat down at my laptop (which I had left the victor on) and a consequently it became a collection of peices. Honestly not that upset, was a model that even if finished was going to have short life to be replaced with a build of the airfix. On the plus side the tornado is nearly done 

43527339242_d94a07926f_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu