Revell Victor K2

Only just occurred to me, I have a new bench much larger than my old one, and a nimrod and victor in the stash, why not get one of them out (or buy a cheap Revell Vic tanker  and sell the airfix bomber) for this GB...

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 6

Or you could fill it with loads of smaller aircraft Stu,I have the Revell Victor and it's not a bad old girl just those intakes which when I get round to doing 

it I'll scratch build some FOD covers.

11 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Or you could fill it with loads of smaller aircraft Stu,I have the Revell Victor and it's not a bad old girl just those intakes which when I get round to doing 

it I'll scratch build some FOD covers.

Indeed though it’s been nothing but small or small to medium builds since the new year (b52 aside), fancy a change. So it will be the nimrod, a victor from airfix or revell or the Halifax I’d forgotten is in the wardrobe part of my stash. Plenty of time to think. I have to assemble the new bench  tomorrow 

• Like 1

Feeling a bit cowardly now the bench is up and running, want to do the victor, but my prior experience with spraying white has not been very successful, and the thought of doing even a half white victor is  scary, so im currently high bidder on a revell one that ends later, so if I win it'll be hemp victor.....if not a hemp nimrod 

The Revell Victor builds up into a nice model - not without its issues but I think they can all be overcome easily enough. There have been some great builds on BM so worth searching for them. I’d go with Steve’s suggestion and make some intake covers though, although there is a Flightpath set which includes resin intakes and loads of PE.

20 minutes ago, zebra said:

The Revell Victor builds up into a nice model - not without its issues but I think they can all be overcome easily enough. There have been some great builds on BM so worth searching for them. I’d go with Steve’s suggestion and make some intake covers though, although there is a Flightpath set which includes resin intakes and loads of PE.

I beat airfix Vulcans intakes, just a step or two up for the victor, or could even nick parts from the airfix and replace them later  using airfix spares....

When I lived in the UK I discovered Halfords Matt white primer in a spray can. This is a really great dense coat of white and sprays from the can. I used it a lot and once you have a good finish a light sand with 1000 grit and a spray with gloss white from the airbrush gave a beautiful finish. I tried the appliance white and Ford white but the gloss is too thick a coat so would not recommend.

My choice every time.

Colin

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colin W said:

When I lived in the UK I discovered Halfords Matt white primer in a spray can. This is a really great dense coat of white and sprays from the can. I used it a lot and once you have a good finish a light sand with 1000 grit and a spray with gloss white from the airbrush gave a beautiful finish. I tried the appliance white and Ford white but the gloss is too thick a coat so would not recommend.

My choice every time.

Colin

I like it too.  I generally go for two thin coats if I need the full impact of the white

20 hours ago, Colin W said:

My choice every time.

Colin

Apart from the airbrush that exactly how I would do it,  and that was the problem, app white comes way to thick as you say 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To keep this thread alive dug this out, had started this before the victor before putting it away demoralised (why is probably obvious) , its a hybrid build being parts from 3 different copies, from the main fuselage and everything else from one kit, the cockpit from a build that never made it and the forward fuselage actually being salvaged from a finished build I did over 3 years ago. Should at least try a but before binning it 

28148590548_13b364d919_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu