This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Tomathee

East Midlands Model Show - Hinckley 20/5

Looks like it's shaping up to be a good show.

Duncan B

Our first visit. Communication has been a bit lacking, we have still heard nothing since before Christmas, but I see we are on the list. Are our tables single or double depth? Who knows? No idea how much stuff to take.

4 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Our first visit. Communication has been a bit lacking, we have still heard nothing since before Christmas, but I see we are on the list. Are our tables single or double depth? Who knows? No idea how much stuff to take.

Same here :D

Last comms I had was that we were on the standby list, then it seems we made the cut......

Posted (edited)

Hi,

each club is allocated 2 tables.Clicking on the link above shows which clubs and traders are attending.

According to our IT guru,there has been some problems regarding the sending and receiving of emails,but don't ask me,I'm a techno dinosaur lol!

We have had a problem in the past regarding clubs/traders giving out of date email addresses,or,just not replying to requests/queries from the East Midlands Model Club.

There is now a Face Book page if you are of that ilk,and this can be perused by interested parties,and there are contact details on that type of media.

HTH this helps somewhat...........Dave.

Edited by Alfisti
Details up dated

I've just been looking at the satellite pics on Google Maps & it looks very much as though there's even less parking round the venue than there was at the old one , though I suppose it could be an old pic .  Does anyone have any definite info regarding parking ?

They are old pics, the building work wasn't complete then.

2 hours ago, rs2man said:

I've just been looking at the satellite pics on Google Maps & it looks very much as though there's even less parking round the venue than there was at the old one , 

I went last year and yes unfortunately you're correct. I thought the new venue was better, just, than the old one though. 

At least the parking is free in Hinckley on a Sunday, or was.

Posted (edited)

There is a large car park on Hill St,just off to the side of the leisure centre that doesn't show on Google maps,it was the former Co-op car park,but is now council run.All public car parks are FREE on Sundays.Parking restrictions still apply on the roads though.

Dave.

Edited by Alfisti

I used the Hill Street car park last year and it was fairly quiet, just a short walk through a park to get to the leisure centre.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, Tomathee said:

Well,less than a fortnight to go now.Look forward to seeing all the club members and traders,new and regular,there are some new traders this year.Parking on all council run car parks is free on Sundays.We have attempted to contact 'Google' and the local authorities regarding the car park which is the former Co-Op car park on Hill St,to include it on maps etc,alas to no avail!It is right next to the leisure centre,and there is a short walk through the gardens,and of course the highlight to this is the duck pond,you couldn't wish for a better start to your modelling show enjoyment lol!

Dave.

Nice burger van outside last year, the café inside was quite busy with all the folk coming and going for the swimming etc

Anyone know if there's a comp this year?? Couldn't see owt on the flyer.....

Cheers

Dave

No competition this year,sorry.

Anyone needing further details on the show,check out the calendar section on this site.

Due to limitations on accessibility to the Leisure centre,could clubs please set up after 0830 hrs,this is to allow the traders time to set out their stalls etc,thanks.

Dave.

5 hours ago, Alfisti said:

No competition this year,sorry.

Anyone needing further details on the show,check out the calendar section on this site.

Due to limitations on accessibility to the Leisure centre,could clubs please set up after 0830 hrs,this is to allow the traders time to set out their stalls etc,thanks.

Dave.

Hi Dave

As we can't find out anywhere else, do you know if the club tables are single or double depth please? We don't want to lug tons of stuff if the space is limited.

Cheers

Frank

Posted (edited)

Hi Frank,sorry for delay in reply,tables are double depth.So each club is allocated 12' length by 4'6" depth,so 4 tables in total.HTH.

Dave.

Edited by Alfisti
Details up-dated

18 hours ago, Alfisti said:

Hi Frank,sorry for delay in reply,tables are double depth.So each club is allocated 12' length by 4'8" depth,so 4 tables in total.HTH.

Dave.

Hi Dave, isn't the standard club allocation just two tables ? (6' length by 4'8" depth)

Haydn.

We are used to 6' x 2' tables so that is the equivalent of double depth for us.

The bog standard table issue for clubs is 4 tables,which equates to 12' across,and 4'6" deep.SIG's,in the majority of cases get 2 tables and are 6' across and 4'6" deep.Within the next 3 days full details will be published on the web page showing what each club etc is allocated.If you are attending with a club,please check with your club organiser/co-ordinator as to your table allocation.Alternatively,wait until the details have been put on the clubs web page.Apologies if this has caused any confusion.

Dave.

Web page has been updated with table size allocations for clubs.

See you all on Sunday.

Dave.

See you all tomorrow guys,weather looking good with projected high of 22 degrees,light cloud with a slight breeze.Bring your wallets lol.

There is FREE car parking on all public car parks in Hinckley on Sundays.Don't forget the Hill St car park off to the side of the leisure centre,its still not been googlyfied,

even though its council owned now,but there are updated details on the clubs web page,access to the clubs web page by the link on the calendar page on this site.

Drive safe,and don't forget the Corner Café,they're open from 0600 and serve a great 'Big boys brekkie',nomnomnom.

Dave.

Just been into town and spoke to a traffic warden,there are no parking restrictions on the roads unless there is a sign stating restrictions or double yellow lines,but just check if you are parking on the road,there should be a little sign that states restrictions Mon to Sat only.If this is the case,you can park there all day.

Dave