1/72 Henschel 123A, Fly

Hi, everybody! It's my next model. Text on the fuselage means 'The last butcher?', referring to the fact that these aircraft were called Schlachtflugzeuge (attack aircraft) or Schlachter (butcher) and were fading out of service.

photo_1_1523468853.JPG

photo_2_1523468853.JPG

photo_3_1523468853.JPG

photo_4_1523468853.JPG

photo_5_1523468853.JPG

photo_6_1523468853.JPG

photo_7_1523468853.JPG

photo_8_1523468853.JPG

photo_9_1523468853.JPG

photo_10_1523468853.JPG

photo_11_1523468853.JPG

photo_12_1523468853.JPG

Edited by Fuad
  • Like 28

8 minutes ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Great model in 1/72. Are the white markings decals?

Yes it is decals from kit. 

The first thing you will notice about the kit is the gaudy graffiti on the sides and around the aircraft. The story behind the markings appears to center on a young Lieutenant assigned to 3./Fliegergruppe 50 in 1938 as the Group Adjutant, Lt. Kurt Hamann. It appears that Lt. Hamann never had any or very little formal flight training and was taking this Hs-123 for training flights. His unit was giving him lessons in their off time. You may have noticed that the Hs-123 is a single seat airplane so Lt. Hamann always flew solo. Whether loved by his comrades or tolerated by his superiors is not quite clear, but it is quite obvious that he was flying. Lt. Hamann did attain his wings and was killed in combat over France in 1940 while flying a Ju-87B. For those of you that don't speak German here are the translations to the markings.

Der letzte Schlatchter?

-

The last Butcher?

Gott erhalte uns den Adjutant

-

God hold us the Soldiers

Aller Anfang ist schwer

-

All Beginnings are difficult

Vorsicht

-

Caution

Kleine Fische

-

Small Fish

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Fuad said:

Gott erhalte uns den Adjutant

This is (literally) "God preserve [for ] us the adjutant" or in normal English "God preserve our Adjutant". (Or, if you prefer, "God preserve the Adjutant for us")

Thinking about it, his comrades seem to have had some affection for him, or the graffito would have read "Gott erhalte uns vor dem Adj." - "God preserve us from the Adj".

Edited by Chillidragon
  • Like 2

That is a beauty, Fuad. I love the setting for the photos too. I have one of these Fly kits in my pile but I'm certain mine will not reach your quality. Well done. :)

Martin