1/48 difficult and rarely seen builds

Great collection, I've got some of them in my stash. Trumpeters 1/48 fw 200, Cant z 506. I take my hat off to you on you finishing the fm halifax 

On 11/04/2018 at 3:12 PM, Hub Plott said:

These are some of the large injection, resin or Vac kits rarely seen built as per an original posting on Hyperscale PT, all 1/48. Thought I would also share here.

Fondurie Miniatures Handley page Halifax

Q6HDS7S.jpg

FM Handley Page Hampden

GT9XY93.jpg

FM Martin Maryland

ovTCOuN.jpg

Classic Airframes Baltimore

LWxStX8.jpg

Trumpeter Fw-200

PkGazfq.jpg

POMK P3M Mariner

8oODvjB.jpg

Alphaflight CANT Z506
<SXnokg3.jpg

POMK Sunderland

4gzoQh7.jpg

KL Productions/Monogram He-111Z

Rz3vkjA.jpg

HML Bv-138

ZNmPmJd.jpg

AJP Maquettes Ford Trimotor

AiMcxLN.jpg

Geromy Fokker TV

12JVlXN.jpg

LSM B-10

NCO04Wb.jpg

LSM F-15 Reporter

JZrtlYz.jpg

IPMS Norway/Aviators N3PB

WYpRtjZ.jpg

Wings48 Brewster Buccaneer 

IFmwPmT.jpg

What a wonderful selection - short of a ground up scratch build, even if you build one, it definitely tests your skills. You have done an amazing job on each one👍.

Out of this lot, I have only built the FM Halifax, I'd love to put a photo of mine but I gave  up trying in the end. If you ever visit, mine is on display at South Yorkshire Aircraft Museum. It is finished in the colours of Halifax NA581,  KW-U of 425 Squadron RCAF. The aircraft crashed at Blyth in Nottinghamshire on 2/8/1944 with the loss of all her crew. As well as the display in the museum, there's memorial to the crew and that of a Worksop based Wellington which came down in the same village.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mackem01 said:

Fantastic set of builds there. Care to give some more details on the Northrop N3PB please.

Nice mancave too!

Kit is a Vac originally created by IPMS/Norway. Then re-issued with white metal engine and a few cockpit parts as an upgrade by The Aviators over here in the US. Over all a very nice vac with the additional parts  helping. I added extra doodads from the spares box. All major parts match up with their mate and fit was very good for a vac. Beaching gear was from Scale Aircraft Conversions and I used two sets for the OS2U Kingfisher.  Decals were not too bad and the bombs/depth charges came from an Accurate Miniatures weapon set. As straight forward as a Vac can be.

Edited by Hub Plott

Hi Hub,

great to to see your work, so looking forwards to seeing the Manchester and Lincoln being added to your amazing collection. Posted the stuff out this week, sorry for the delay.

Not sure which I like best here, but really drawn to the Hampden :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, woody37 said:

Hi Hub,

great to to see your work, so looking forwards to seeing the Manchester and Lincoln being added to your amazing collection. Posted the stuff out this week, sorry for the delay.

Not sure which I like best here, but really drawn to the Hampden :)

1/48 Lincoln!! Can you offer any advice on making suitable propellers in 1/48 please.

Beautiful collection Hub Plott it's good to see that some of these do get built. Well at least one anyway.

This inspired me to join Brittmodeler just echo the previous remarks - this is very impressive indeed!  I am now thinking of finding and buying that Sunderland and building it.

Fabulous work, & some great rarities. Anybody who can wrestle any FM kit into submission ( and finish to such a high standard) gets my vote.

Great man cave as well.

Pete