Mil Mi-24 Hind - Revell 1/72

CedB

Well done Ced, as usual a most entertaining, informative, useul build and fun for all as well!  Including yourself of course .....  ....   :whistle:

One non build question - your fine scissors look to me like medical scissors, stitches and other  ... errr .. parts for the cutting thereof.

Are they, or were they part of your purchases from little cars?

Edited by Whofan
spelling !
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bigdave22014 said:

Well, she put up a good fight but you managed to beat he into submission.

I've always thought these were weird "bug" looking things, but you've managed to make her look beautiful. Mayhaps I shall add one to my stash....

Thanks Dave - it's a challenging kit but a nice subject to model :) 

7 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Nicely fought and won Ced!

Ian

Thanks Ian - I shall have the bruises for a while :) 

6 hours ago, Azgaron said:

Excellent build Ced! It looks great! :)

Nice final touches with the door and the rigging! :)

Håkan

Thanks Håkan, very kind :) 

5 hours ago, Beard said:

Very smart but isn't the propeller in the wrong place?

Thanks Simon :laugh: (That's supposed to be a laugh?!) 

5 hours ago, TheBaron said:

I say. Ced Triumphant. 👏

Cheers Tony, kind of you :) 

4 hours ago, amblypygid said:

Marvellous, Ced, really good-looking outcome,  and quite a departure from your normal fare. Thoroughly enjoyed following along.

Thanks Chris :) It is a departure but normal service will be resumed, very quickly!

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

You won in the end, good show. 

Thanks Stuart :) 

1 hour ago, Cookenbacher said:

Dang Ced, that looks great with all the doors opened up.

Thanks Cookie - no point doing a lot of fiddly internal work and hiding it away eh? Oh no, wait... :D 

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Excellent work Ced, great result....

'Where is that flamin' mechanic with the big hammer - we want to go flying....!'

Top job!

Keith

Thanks Keith - ah, the mechanic... sadly still on his tea break :) 

1 hour ago, perdu said:

As I always suspected Ced, you are a natural jellycopterist

Aced it mate and she's a star

Thanks Bill, very kind of you and much appreciated from 'the master' :) 

48 minutes ago, 71chally said:

Superb result Ced, really does look fantastic.

That hard work paid off, and it has to be said, that is the quickest that I have seen this kit built, which makes it even more impressive!

I've just started my Zvezda Hind A thanks to you, but will be a long time in the offing.

Respect, to you and the Hind!

Thanks James, especially for all your help along the way - much appreciated :) 

45 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Well done Ced, as usual a most entertaining, informative, useul build and fun for all as well!  Including yourself of course .....  ....   :whistle:

One non build question - your fine scissors look to me like medical scissors, stitches and other  ... errr .. parts for the cutting thereof.

Are they, or were they part of your purchases from little cars?

Thanks John, very kind :) The scissors came 'free' when I had my neck lump removed and are, gulp, 'Conjunctival scissors'. Various types on eBay et al and worth hunting down.

Next WiP started over here - 2 x Mk.22s as promised. Come on over!

And breathe... :D 

• Like 2

It's already been said ( several times ) but I'll say it again. Superb build.

John

After  SWMBO had her Achiles tendon done, the nurses left some instruments behind but I don't remember seeing any scissors, I will look again because those look very useful

Thanks John, very kind :) 

Do have a look for the instruments, although I doubt they'd have used 'eye' scissors on her ankle, but who knows eh? They used these scissors to cut hair away from my wound. :shrug:  

I'm getting very keen on these surgical instruments, mainly because you know they'll be sharp (hopefully) and designed to do a 'proper job'... I dread to think what would happen if anything was blunt, or the tweezers pinged things all over the place...

Oh, and they're cheap too!

• Like 2

On 5/9/2018 at 7:48 AM, CedB said:

Option 1, file the seams and the fronts flat and mark out the centre of the tunes with a sharp point:

28117497788_ff24d40539_n.jpg 41089121585_c894ca122b_n.jpg

This is one of those jobs that [will drive you mad] / [you will find therapeutic] (Delete as appropriate).

Guess which one I am? I'm not very good at this drilling out malarkey but I drilled a small hole first and then tried to open the end with a larger drill.

41089360265_f8681f0537_z.jpg

'orrid. In my defence the plastic is quite soft and the drill very sharp. I'm also not very good at this - any tips welcome :)

Any tips greatly appreciated.

In my work 3-4 years ago I have chosen the first option. There was no question about it. First a slight sanding to bring all the tubes level. The centre for each tube was drilled with a small diameter. The holes were enlarged progressively to achieve the same diameter, the internal surface was polished. There you have it.

KHn3oBk.jpg

hKscDA4.jpg

The basic design of the missile pod by Zvezda’s Aleksand Adamtchov I think is fantastic. He has solved the problem which was faced by other manufacturers with this pod in the past. They all had different answers but none were good. Some made “few” tubes, which “look right” but are not the correct number and arrangement. Zvezda’s approach of making this area in two parts perfectly solved the problem, right number, right spacing. OK the only drawback is that the tubes have no openings at the ends. Please remember this is 72 nd scale!

You cant have it all!

Good luck with your build!

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, CedB said:

Thanks John, very kind :) The scissors came 'free' when I had my neck lump removed and are, gulp, 'Conjunctival scissors'. Various types on eBay et al and worth hunting down.

Thanks Ced, 

What a shame my wife has retired from the Health Service!

Oh, not, of course, that such equipment would have been "liberated" by her ...........

On such advice, hunting will start ....

• Like 1