KFS 1:24 Land Rover Series 2A Ambulance

Julien

Just noticed today that KFS now have this not so little beauty ready and available to order, and yes I took the plunge.

Not cheap but well worth it I think.

tq228c.JPG

tq228f.JPG

Photes from KFS's web site.

BTW great customer service from then when ordering.

Julien

Oh I do so like the look of KFS' stuff.  And in a scale my eyes can actually see............

However, the blue beacon is a bit of a let-down.  In that scale I would have expected to see the rotating reflector mechanism inside, and it's a bit pale apart from being very empty.  Likewise, bulbs inside the rear lights and indicators are noticeably missing.  And those light covers had 4 prominent "ears" as grip for unscrewing.  But I pick nits ..............

An RAF airfield or Mountain Rescue one with the brush bar, 2-tones etc would be nice.  St John had some of these too.

Edited by Das Abteilung
addition

Its arrived, and it looks great to me. As mentioned they are supergood on the phone, told me when it would be posted and delivered when I made the order.

landy.JPG

I have 3 KFS kits now and while not cheap you do get what you pay for.

Julien

I still have 3 KFS kits in my stash also, just finishing the Ferret and about to start the half ton lightweight Land Rover.

Now when I drove these Land Rover Ambulances in BAOR and Northern Ireland I recollect all the side and rear windows were tinted black...............possibly a black marker pen may get you out of trouble.  Does Howard mention in his instructions that they should be tinted?

All the ones I have ever been in also had tinted windows on the body, so it is something I will do.

i am intending to put this and the 432 together as a representation of vehicles from 1 ADFA which my dad was in for many years after 28 & 29 Field Ambulances were merged.

Julien (Hohne brat)