WIP - Messerschmitt Me-110G-4 Nightfighter

Nils

I accept nights are often dark Nils, but to me the realism of the 110 is a little overdone now - even with the brightness turned up full on my monitor I can barely see it - which seems a waste when you've spent all the time adding such excellent detail to it... Could you add a 'Bombers Moon' to give some more light to the scene?

Keith

• Like 1

@ Keefr22

> even with the brightness turned up full on my monitor I can barely see it ...  that was the general idea behind the night fighters I think :) but I've lightened up the image for you, (without the moon - honestly I doubt moonlight would have mattered much anyway...)

But as said, check the original on the bottom of page one, now, if it's any better? (and I've also also the missing Schräge Musik guns back there now. Also now the rear gunner/radar operator, is busy checking his instruments, facing forward here, which must be more realistic in this situation I would think..)

Edited by Nils
  • Like 1

I'm wondering if the searchlight beams could be improved a little. I've Just have a look at photos of WWII searchlight beams and they seem to fade significantly along the length of the beam. They also, very slightly fan out from the source, unless of course they are pointing away from the viewer.

d886438f-73d8-408f-8152-89c63ff2c93c.png

(Incidentally, I did try to use a link to the photo, but couldn't find the photo on the page it sent me to. Mods, please remove if this breaks any rules).

I know, now that you've done the hard work, that re-positioning the aircraft is relatively easy, I think it would make for a more dramatic picture if the 110 was seen from the rear three quarter view, as if it is turning to join the bomber stream. At the moment it looks too much like a profile picture to me.

Other than that, I remain in awe of the process and the result – fantastic stuff.

On 4/19/2018 at 7:41 PM, Nils said:

(does anyone have an idea how much exhaust flames would be visible through the flame dampers? if anything at all??)

..looking at the lower pic I posted above there's a certain amount of staining around and aft of the damper itself, so, yes, a bit I'd have thought