1/72nd S&M BAC Canberra B2, 100 sqdn, RAF Marham, 1980.

Gotta like that one! Now you have me pondering the Italeri B-57 with DB conversion for the B.2 that's just found it's way into my stash...

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Thanks chaps, very kind words.

Steve, yes, if possible get a few. To be honest for a short-run kit it went together without issue. Of course, it's not going to fall together like a TrumpyAMKtamigawa but that's the fun of it, (well it was for me, but then I enjoy thrashing things into submission that try to fight back!) and the end result's a lot more satisfying...hence my ever growing stash collection of Amodels, Anigrands, Sharkits and obscure resins from Eastern Europe.

Now you have me pondering the Italeri B-57 with DB conversion for the B.2 that's just found it's way into my stash...

Sounds like a plan Bill, though I think you'll still need the correct style of main wheel. The DB set is superb and dimensionally speaking I think you'd end up better off with that and the Italeri kit. Now you're going to have to go for it :winkgrin:  

• Like 2

Ah, the already infamous single track by-pass. Will it infringe on ones grouse Moor?

Yes, passes straight through it! I'm having heavy machine gun emplacements set up at strategic points along the front line with a CCTV control station located in Darlings WC, where he spends an inordinate amount of time with his King & Country collection. He can keep an eye on the villainous hun while performing his regimental duties. 

• Haha 3

I can only echo all the very positive comments so far. A brilliant build and superb finish.

I have one of these in the stash and will research anything that is "not quite right" but as others have said we really have to congratulate and support companies like S&M that bring us these offerings.

Thanks for sharing and giving inspiration!

Terry

• Like 1

Nice Canberra B)B)

So this is a reboxed Airfix Canberra? I've not heard of this kit (I think :think:) and I'm assuming this due to the detail/shape issues the extras required you've mentioned to make a goldfish Canberra it seems a reasonable assumption ;)

I've an Airfix Canberra to do as an Oz one in Vietnam trim B)

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

FAAMAN, it's a completely new kit, nothing to do with the Airfix effort. As Steve points out it's produced by Micro-Mir for S&M Models. Micro-Mir are also releasing their own range of Canberras under their own name.

The Airfix kit has it's fair share of issues and so does this one, unfortunately we're still waiting for the 'ultimate fishbowl Canberra' kit out of the box, though with work this one scrubs up nicely. 

bryan, might just be the camera angles and /or effects of the studio strobe flashes but the canopy is pretty much the right shape and commendably clear. The real thing has a slightly flattened look to it/

727.JPG

Unfortunately my canopy had a nasty scratch across the inside which had to be removed as well as a moulded 'lump' of clear styrene at the front (inside) of the bomb aimers glass which also had to be carefully removed with a Dremel. Being a short run kit things like this do happen from time to time so I'm always prepared for it...

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 2

On 9.4.2018 at 18:59, general melchett said:

It has several well-documented issues and apart from some errant

Certain theories regarding the shape of the canb-earth are disastrously wrong.

There is nichts faulty to hinzufügen :lol:

Please don`t mention....

Fun as in the movies!  And great modelling anyway! Thank you general!

Cheers,

Thomas

• Like 1

That is gorgeous General! Well worth all the work in applying corrections. I look forward to seeing more of them roll off the production line.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Thanks again chaps,

Thomas...

Certain theories regarding the shape of the canb-earth are disastrously wrong.

There is nichts faulty to hinzufügen :lol:

Please don`t mention....

I think I get the gist! not too sure if Google translate really got it right though......something about ''he's got a terrible lion up his end, so there's an advantage to an enema at once." :yikes:

I look forward to seeing more of them roll off the production line.

There'll certainly be a few more John, a colourful TT.18, HSS B.6 and early Bomber Command grey/black B2 would be in the running. I hope they manage to knock out a few of the more exotic versions too, the T.11/Tp52 is a good start and the T.17/19/22, B.6 mod and B(1)8 mod would also be very welcome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, general melchett said:

I think I get the gist! not too sure if Google translate really got it right though......something about ''he's got a terrible lion up his end, so there's an advantage to an enema at once." :yikes:

You got it exactly!

BEDEVERE: And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped. ARTHUR: This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes

Bon Appetit!:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You got it exactly!

BEDEVERE: And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped. ARTHUR: This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes

Bon Appetit!:D

Ah, very true....puts me in mind of the Kings regulations regarding the deployment of religious anti-personal weapons, paragraph 123A, sub section 4B; written by his eminence the Baby Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells, regimental pastor.

'First shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Four thou shall not count, nor either count thy two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou, thy Holy Hand-Grenade towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it' 

Not surprisingly we lost a lot of men that day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, general melchett said:

There'll certainly be a few more John, a colourful TT.18, HSS B.6 and early Bomber Command grey/black B2 would be in the running.

Oh yes! You are teasing us!

• Like 1