1/72nd S&M BAC Canberra B2, 100 sqdn, RAF Marham, 1980.

Hello Dear general !

Really good Canberra indeed !

I really love her, Did'nt see any issue, to me it's clearly a Canberra !

A sand one, with big drunken man nose... Including some bumps on it !!

I think I still have the Zapping sticker ! It was reading " Life began at 40" an depict a Canberra behind a very surprised tornado !!

That will be a good addition to your collection !

Can't wait to see the following ones, should I do a painting half as good as your !!

I will be really glad.... But I don't... yet !

Is there any white rabid rabbit near the General castle ?? Be carefull in handling the holy grenade !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

I really love her, Did'nt see any issue, to me it's clearly a Canberra !

A sand one, with big drunken man nose... Including some bumps on it !!

Dear cc...you've been at the Belgian Beer again haven't you? I tried putting this lot through Goofle Translate but it kept coming back with 'Error...unknown format...The server will now self-destruct'! 

Funnily enough, there have been some particularly vicious rabid white rabbits around here recently, ever since Darling found a fluffy white Angora he's called Keith, wandering around the trenches in France, slavering and biting everything in sight. It had a note tied around one of its ankles that read 'If found either shoot or kindly place in the provided metal box and return to Caerbannog'. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, general melchett said:

Dear cc...you've been at the Belgian Beer again haven't you? I tried putting this lot through Goofle Translate but it kept coming back with 'Error...unknown format...The server will now self-destruct'! 

Funnily enough, there have been some particularly vicious rabid white rabbits around here recently, ever since Darling found a fluffy white Angora he's called Keith, wandering around the trenches in France, slavering and biting everything in sight. It had a note tied around one of its ankles that read 'If found either shoot or kindly place in the provided metal box and return to Caerbannog'. 

Ahem, Do you have a glove ??

Let's meet tomorrow in the misty fields at the suset

Have your breach loaded big bored musket  I'll rely on my '44 Magnum:rofl2:

Obviously I'm on belgian beer... But The Canberra have a drunken man nose... With some bumps... And She's painted sand ... No ??

39691331370_e7f3f89378_b.jpg

May be is she one of your model ??

Here's the original one

39691331350_a08ea341eb_o.jpg

I PM'ed you the sticker, an I'm waiting eagerly to read your description of that Errr ... Vogon poetry !!

But whatever ! Believe me or not I helped the crew of this Canberra in appreciating some BB too....:cheers:

Another great evening around aircrafts... Aaaaahhh the '90 follies...

I propose that @Martian Hale should be our judge... Tomorrow... In the misty fields....

May be havin' a last strong belgian beer before the duel ???

Me ?? cheating ?? Never !!

:rofl2:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's meet tomorrow in the misty fields at the suset

You old romantic...if it's all the same to you I'll bring my Armstrong-Whitworth Canonette Mk 1....you can have a 50-meter running start, must give you a sporting chance.

I propose that @Martian Hale should be our judge... Tomorrow... In the misty fields....

May be havin' a last strong belgian beer before the duel ???

I couldn't possibly allow Martian to be in charge of proceedings, not after what happened at Telford, what with you and your camouflaged black bin-liner full of Belgian Beer...we're still paying for the damage!

That's not one of mine, but it's rather nice, (looks to have a couple of oil leaks though). Thanks for pm'ing the sticker...it all makes sense now...(if that's at all possible in this asylum).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dave, yes great memories of sitting at the end of the Marham runway, with a few friends, a glass of 'pop', in the summer haze watching them trundling, making a fearsome racket. Even remember Victor K1/K1A's doing their stuff in the early seventies...just a distant memory now sadly. 

A very nice model Mon General, not built a Canberra in years and ought to. I never really did much travelling to see aircraft when I was younger l, but as a teenager where we lived we had Syerston's circuit and approach if you looked to the right and Hucknall's to the left if you stood at the side of the house. So did see some interesting stuff like the RB211 VC10 testbed and the Rolls Royce Spitfire XIV and Meteor in house colours. 

Edited by Mr T
Tidying up and making some sense.
  • Like 1

Great build and great article in AMW. Bought a second copy of AMW and pulled the article out so it would never be far from my S&M kits. For those lucky enough to still have one Dave Butress’s long ago DB Resins B.2 conversion for the Italeri B-57, it contains the correct wheels, intakes with starter cartridge, white metal nose gear with better wheels and mud guards (albeit one piece), resin injection seats and a full resin interior (including nose gear well) that can be finessed into the S&M fuselage and double as a nose weight. Never used mine because I felt that a neat join between the set’s vacform goldfish bowl and it’s resin rim was beyond my skills. It will go to good use now.

• Like 1

Thanks chaps,

did see some interesting stuff like the RB211 VC10 testbed and the Rolls Royce Spitfire XIV and Meteor in house colours. 

Who needs to travel when you have stuff like that flying over the house!

Great build and great article in AMW. Bought a second copy of AMW and pulled the article out so it would never be far from my S&M kits. For those lucky enough to still have one Dave Butress’s long ago DB Resins B.2 conversion for the Italeri B-57, it contains the correct wheels, intakes with starter cartridge, white metal nose gear with better wheels and mud guards (albeit one piece), resin injection seats and a full resin interior (including nose gear well) that can be finessed into the S&M fuselage and double as a nose weight. Never used mine because I felt that a neat join between the set’s vacform goldfish bowl and it’s resin rim was beyond my skills. It will go to good use now.

Thanks Trenton, glad to hear that the article is of some use to you, (also great to hear you got hold of a second copy too, every sale helps the future of the magazine). Must agree that the DB Resins set is a peach and should set the S&M kit off perfectly. While I had/have most of the DB range that one always eluded me, for some reason. Our Bomber Command SIG are sometimes offered collections that include these sets so I'll definitely keep a weather-eye out for one in the future.

Thanks Bill, a that'll do 'll do nicely. Ah, back to the junior service eh, well, after the epic marathon that are the Flying Bananas you could probably do with a bit of R&R.

I may have do the English Electric brothers

Well, if you have to do anyone then why not the EE boys, they'd probably appreciate it. I myself have a slightly odd EE naval type in the offing....

• Like 1