Reynolds air museum Canada 2001

Britman

Museum visit on the tour . This was a smashing museum with a large storage hangar next door full of little gems.

SCAN0815

SCAN0816

SCAN0817

SCAN0818

SCAN0819

SCAN0820

SCAN0821

SCAN0822

Twelve gun single seat Hurricane!

SCAN0823

SCAN0824

SCAN0825

SCAN0826

Replica Avro Arrow and Barkley Groe in front of port wing.

SCAN0828

Edmonton airport.

SCAN0829

SCAN0830

SCAN0831

SCAN0832

SCAN0833

SCAN0834

SCAN0836

SCAN0837

SCAN0838

SCAN0839

Sorry about the lack of too many captions, but most are self explanatory. If anyone has any queries I should be glad to help if I can.

Keith.

• Like 8

Great range of subjects. The Avro Arrow... is it another replica ? As I saw one in the 'Torunno' (Toronto) Aerospace museum back in 2006 and it had the red painted panels, but that museum has now closed and wonder what has happened to the collection.

Next observation, N329J... it looks  like one of the two engined Jetstars... am I right? ?

What is the creamy coloured little biplane beneath the DC-3 nose and the green yellow high wing type resembling a Norseman( which it is not)??

Got any more?

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

Great range of subjects. The Avro Arrow... is it another replica ? As I saw one in the 'Torunno' (Toronto) Aerospace museum back in 2006 and it had the red painted panels, but that museum has now closed and wonder what has happened to the collection.

Next observation, N329J... it looks  like one of the two engined Jetstars... am I right? ?

What is the creamy coloured little biplane beneath the DC-3 nose and the green yellow high wing type resembling a Norseman( which it is not)??

Got any more?

We were in Toronto in 2005 ,went to a museum where they were restoring a Lancaster .Is that the museum that has closed down ,i remember it was in the north of the city .

PS ,further east there was another museum where the Halifax was being prepared for painting after being restored .

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

Got any more?

Try the quote wot I wrote! If you have the interest , I have the pictures ,including my first air to air.

11 hours ago, Britman said:

Try the quote wot I wrote! If you have the interest , I have the pictures ,including my first air to air.

??????

On 09/04/2018 at 8:42 PM, cocky05d said:

We were in Toronto in 2005 ,went to a museum where they were restoring a Lancaster .Is that the museum that has closed down ,i remember it was in the north of the city .

PS ,further east there was another museum where the Halifax was being prepared for painting after being restored .

I think the museum with the Lancaster you are referring to, is the Toronto International Aerospace museum near to Pearson Airport in the old Avro buildings. It's closed at present and has been for some time but also had an Arrow replica too. It used to be called the Canadian Air and Space Museum.

The Halifax was fully restored some years ago and is at Trenton in the National Air Force Museum of Canada. Well worth a visit

Andy

1 hour ago, Red Dot said:

I think the museum with the Lancaster you are referring to, is the Toronto International Aerospace museum near to Pearson Airport in the old Avro buildings. It's closed at present and has been for some time but also had an Arrow replica too. It used to be called the Canadian Air and Space Museum.

The Halifax was fully restored some years ago and is at Trenton in the National Air Force Museum of Canada. Well worth a visit

Andy

Just to verify the Toronto Museum former location was Downsview not really that near to the main airport. I don't recall , off hand recall the proper name of it right now. Anyway its not there now and stuff is in store some where.   The Trenton collection is good with the Halifax undercover and the rest all outside.At least they were when I visited in 2006. A superb collection is the Canada Aviation and Space Museum at Rockcliffe just outside Ottawa. The best collection I have ever seen!

I was at the Reynolds Museum in 2008. It was a bit different than your pictures. No Arrow replica and a few others that were not there, but still a great display. The Hurricane did look great.

Reynolds Hurc

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Andy ,yes we were there in 2005 .Next big trip i and my brother are planning to go on ,(well i plan ,my brother moans about it ) is the east coast of America .

Boston down to Kittyhawk NC ,then over to Dayton for another visit .

Might put it off until you know who vacates the White House .

• Haha 1

On Monday, April 09, 2018 at 7:18 PM, Paul J said:

Got any more?

The green and yellow beastie is a Bellanca Senior Pacemaker CF-DCH and I think the JetStar is as you say. The little cream biplane I cannot help with. If I had a digital camere at the time I might have taken even more pictures and we could be on these pictures for the next ten years! More to come with a little for everyone I hope.

• Like 2

I have photos from visit in two Canadian museums:  Ottawa musem in 1994 and in Hamilton in 2011 (including film from taxing of Lancaster and low fly of Lysander...) I have to dig them out...

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...