Revell Lufthansa Airbus A320

Hello All,

I bought the Revell Lufthansa Airbus A320 kit about nine years ago, at a time when I would eagerly pick up any new release that came out.  I think I bought two kits that day for the first (and only) time.  But to be honest I'd lost interest in it years ago.  It sat in the stash until September 2017 when I started the kit partway through a ship build that was flagging.  Could I try something different?

I hit on the idea of modelling the plane on take-off, with retracting wheels.  That meant cutting into the plastic a bit.  If it went wrong then so be it, although the thought of messing up any model kit is an uncomfortable thought.  Considered dropping the flaps slightly but that looked like a step too far for me. 

Typically straightforward build with good decals as usual.  Revell paints with Humbrol varnish.  Happy enough with it.

A bit of fun this morning, thanks to some rare blue skies.

AirShotTwo.jpg

AirShotOne.jpg

Okay, proof it is mounted on a clear stand.

AirShotThree.jpg

And an indoor image of it on the shelf.

A320_1.jpg

Thanks for viewing,
Graeme

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

It was only when I noticed where you had erased the stand from the photos that I realised it was not the real thing.  Good job!

Andrew

16 hours ago, stringbag said:

Very well done Graeme.  I must admit I thought the first picture was the subject you were modelling until I spotted the stand on closer inspection.

Chris.

Snap!

Really good model Graeme, I like that a lot.

Cheers

Terry

I do love the work that the 1/144th airliner guys can do, and yours is superb.

Your third pic suggest a climb angle that would frighten me if I were a passenger (but then I'm a white-knuckle flyer). :(

:goodjob: