'Jolly Rogers' F-4J Phantom (Revell 1:72)

wimbledon99

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I can see one of these kits in my near future, it looks great & you don't seem to have any special hassles with it, hopefully the canopy thing is a one off.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

The build hasn't been without it's challenges but but due to my lack of time, I've just cracked on without highlighting. That said, it's a fairly decent kit though I'd spend a bit more on a better one if I build another ;)

Re. the canopy, I'm now going to use the open version. I was doing a 'wheels up' but my nephew recently advised this one was going on a shelf (not the ceiling) so I've switched my plan (and created more work :frantic: )

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Nigel. Sorry - I've been a bit slow to keep up with your build. Looks like you have made excellent progress though! It is looking superb! The decals really bring it to life. Good luck with getting it finished!! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. Sorry - I've been a bit slow to keep up with your build. Looks like you have made excellent progress though! It is looking superb! The decals really bring it to life. Good luck with getting it finished!! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hey Stix, How's it going? 

Talk about a rush job; the work indoors seemed never ending!! Still, hoping to get this across the line.

My next GB is the 'Thunderbolt' but it's an 'egg' model for some fun and hopefully no pressure :whistle:

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Nigel. I’m well thank you hope you are too. That really is looking stunning! Keep going!!

Hope you have a good Sunday and manage to get her finished!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 10:05 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. I’m well thank you hope you are too. That really is looking stunning! Keep going!!

Hope you have a good Sunday and manage to get her finished!

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, You are, as always, very kind re. the build- Thank You :happy:

I'm good thanks, other than the fact that my wife told me last night that we were going out today and probably wont be back until late! :facepalm: Anyhow, I cracked on last night with some very basic weathering and this is as good as she's going to get. Al least she's ready for the gallery and my nephew's shelf. Hope you like her!!

Big thanks for Rich for being a great host and to Pat for co-hosting with him !! :clap:

42506721685_f1959484c9_k.jpg

42506719835_0638a5ecda_k.jpg

29540474658_5a2d5125ce_k.jpg

29540476228_d14d158b75_k.jpg

41603035480_ebded82699_k.jpg

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Well done in getting this one finished on time. Came up rather good.

Thanks Jabba, Wish I'd had more time for the weathering but c'est la vie!

WOW what a rush to the finish line......I'm worn out just trying to keep pace here!

You finally made it and well done!!! :thumbsup: A lovely job and an awesome colour scheme! You've gotta love the Phantoms of that era and their colour schemes, it's a shame we'll never see that sort of thing again.

You've gotta be pretty pleased with this model/build, she come out great and your nephew will be proud to have it on his shelf.

I hope you enjoyed the build and the final rush at the end wasn't too stressful, it was a pleasure to have you along.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stevehnz said:

It looks just spot on the way it is to my eye, you've done a super job on that. :thumbsup:

Steve.

Thank you, Steve! I'll settle for that; you're very kind :blush:

16 hours ago, trickyrich said:

WOW what a rush to the finish line......I'm worn out just trying to keep pace here!

You finally made it and well done!!! :thumbsup: A lovely job and an awesome colour scheme! You've gotta love the Phantoms of that era and their colour schemes, it's a shame we'll never see that sort of thing again.

You've gotta be pretty pleased with this model/build, she come out great and your nephew will be proud to have it on his shelf.

I hope you enjoyed the build and the final rush at the end wasn't too stressful, it was a pleasure to have you along.

Hi Rich,

Kinds words, Thank you!.

Yep, It certainly was a rush but entirely of my own making. As I said in another response, I'm glad she made the finish :smile:

Thanks for the support in getting this done. See you on another GB soon!

Cheers

Nigel