Panther Gs early and else

Well thanks Simon. And I finally start to see what you like about PE upgrades. It just increases the joy of building the kit.

Still more getting used to, when I thought some 1/16th scale PE was tiny, think again.

7jccgsw3.jpg

Another interesting observation. See the parts on the E Sprue top right?

When I realized what this was I ordered that kit from China right away.

int8jrl8.jpg

So it wont be before spring that I can now afford to get the remaining pieces for the 1/16th scale Panther :(

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 1

As regards the new parts on the Dragon Panther E sprues. I will lift ther curtain. It is this, device up and in front. Actually ordered that kit for 60$ from China, will see when it arrives. As I had planned to add AA armour to one of my tanks and get a set of idler wheels for the odd Jagdpanther, you can as well discout 15$ from this kit price.

1140912-27767-66-pristine.jpg

• Like 1

Hey there, carried on a bit on the Meng kit. Nice, but I like the Dragon ones more. OOtB the Meng kit has a lot of detail and some neat basic PE. Although, I found some difficulties, the building of the hull out of panels needed some putty in the front and side plate interlocking joints.

The suspension ars for the road wheels are of the 3 kinds and they include bolts and nuts on the tops, but those have oval shapes and the whole unit shape is much less refined compared to the dragon parts. After reading a review on a German forum I also realized the mistake in the arrangement of the arms on the right side. This is due to the hull coming from the A version.

2lvplvhs.jpg

Another mistake is with the side fenders, the manual doesnt give the proper numering of parts and the first and the last section need to swap sides left to right. Although the bolt pattern on the fenders matches the dragon kit and Panzer tracts, it doesnt sit properly above the side skirt hangers. Although the latter look great and attachment into slots is really convenient and secure.

lxu67ktl.jpg

Another thing I found with this kit is more pronounced seamlines with the need for cleanup.

Some further notes. You get a nice gun, again, all halfes will need quite more than average cleanup, and most will be hidden anyway.

zpjj5oeg.jpg

The 4th paint option show a tnk with the armour cover for the compartment ventilator in the front, and option the kit doesnt include.

njsj9g88.jpg

Still a nice kit and for the price maybe the best value for the money when looking for a G1.

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 1

Hey there Panther nerds.

The holiday season already works its magic? Less intensitiy on here.

A short update on the Meng Jaagdpanther. It is a nice kit, some minor issues, I didnt get the back end absoulutely straight. To be seen on close observation. Doesnt matter too much. The mold lines are a bit annoying. Still it will be a nice model.

Here is the base coat. I did this to try a bit before doing a bare steel with sand colored camo on the PantherF, as this is my interpretation of the paintjob on the box art.

This is a 40:40.20 mix of modelair hullred, mahagony and nato black. The paint was thinned with 30% thinners and took a few layers and doesnt even cover all of it. I will go in with some more reddish browns before finally starting the dark yellow paint for color callout 4.

su3we7yg.jpg

laor8iom.jpg

• Like 2

Hey there, tried some more on the Meng Jagdpanther basecoat. Firstly the Tamiya panel liner and that left horrible tide marks in the Vallejo paint and wasnt reacting to odouless thinners. So went ahead with Mahagony-Black and then pure Mahagony. Used steel oil paint on the corners. So can now add the basecoat where I will try AKs washable agnt for scratches.

q4jp6luq.jpg%20q4jp6luq.jpg

Edited by Soeren

Thank you Bozo. That is a really good question. When I was a boy, I got a kit for every celebration, mostly airplanes and finished almost none. This is something I try to avoid now and as well doing tanks. I like to switch between projects and as you might know, the Tiger builds were postponed. So 4 Tigers still waiting to be build or finished as well. I realized that I did 4 of the 5 Takom kits I bought around cyber week 2017. With some Panthers in between. A few figure kits started as well as bases. Putting a project aside and revival after weeks or even months make the hobby fresh again.  So I approach it like that. Also an unfinished build is part of the fun, for instance when trying new stuff.

1 hour ago, Soeren said:

Thank you Bozo. That is a really good question. When I was a boy, I got a kit for every celebration, mostly airplanes and finished almost none. This is something I try to avoid now and as well doing tanks. I like to switch between projects and as you might know, the Tiger builds were postponed. So 4 Tigers still waiting to be build or finished as well. I realized that I did 4 of the 5 Takom kits I bought around cyber week 2017. With some Panthers in between. A few figure kits started as well as bases. Putting a project aside and revival after weeks or even months make the hobby fresh again.  So I approach it like that. Also an unfinished build is part of the fun, for instance when trying new stuff.

still impressed though!

if i did that, i'd forget (200+ unbuilt car kits in the loft, with terabytes of research in my head....😂)

My problem (as you might have noticed) is wanting too much, I guess It is more about the problemsolving challenge that the actual model.

Hey there,to bring in anither topic.

I did a that small Panther G diorama back then

Betterrunnow.jpg&key=7f01faf35f04fc35e34

I had the Dragon GEN 2 figures lyingaround build, but unpainted. So gave it a go. Not easy, especially to bring out all the detail with clean painting, fpr instance onthe straps. Next will be the skin parta and some more details and clean up.

y3dx6ve8.jpg

Edited by Soeren

Flat coat down,changes it all alot. As you saw on the upper picture with all 4, each jacket or trouser has a slightly different shade of green. The common green brown filter and yellow drybrushing brought it all together and still is is differen. Of course I missed something, have to figure out before thefinal fixing to the base. Of course I left the weapons sprue in my flat, not available atm.

z9ny6qz4.jpg

• Like 2

3l68hfap.jpgAnd this is basically the idea for the people. A squad of Infantry is waiting in an alleyway for anti armour support. Each 2 are situated on either side of the road and the squadleader is yelling at the tank commander about the situation pointing into the direction of the hazard.

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 3

Hey there. Finally did some more on three of the figures and put them on the base.

So here is an overview of the scene so far.

Stay calm ands see what happens

l6o7aql8.jpg

Need support

yew9x5v6.jpg

We gonna deal with them

4iccvlsb.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 1

Did the Panzerschreck guy today and have them all in now.
I really feel why the MP 44 guys is looking a bit wary, a shut down driver and the tank commander focussed to his right, well. You can really feel the size of the tank now.

27mev87u.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 3

Soeren, 

Excellent jobs on all the Panthers.  Especially like the paint job on the 1/35 Dragon, and super figures.   Hate to take us back to the beginning, but could you tell us what paint you used for the Dunkelgelb on that Dragon 1/35 Panther?  Sorry if I missed it in the text somewhere.

Great work, 

Bob C

Hey Bob, thank you for your kind words. The Dunkelgelb on both 1/35 th scale Panthers is Valley Model Air RAL 7028 with some subtle highlight of conservative 10-20% mix of RAL 1001 mixed into the Dunkelgelb. But after adding all the effects not much of this is still visible.