Panther Gs early and else

Hey there. Started the wheathering on the tracks first. This is two passes now with sieved garden soil to give ot some grqin and fixed with water resistant white glue. Unfortunately that stuff dries dark. So the second pass was vallejo European earth dust wash with white and light brown pigments. Need to do at least one more path.
c41ab451a8c4bcb932e605a4a28048d9.jpg

Hey there guys and thank you. Slowly building things up as I go. While looking at it I wonder if any more work on the tracks is actually use full as running the tank will change it anyways. But it already gives me ideas for the hull. While looking for use full products I found vms stuff. They sell pigments and binders for reasonable prices. The same goes for various cements.  

Hey there. Started on weathering the hull. My idea was to start with some dust. But this time not washing and rinsing but splashes with an old toothbrush. I bought Vallejo European splashes mud. A glossy brown resin. Was too dark and glossy. But some pure white pigment helped for a matt light Base. Layered with some darker pigment helps with a more diverse look.

8b89dcfb39510279319da38700a8e673.jpg

• Like 2

Good morning dear madames and sirs,

You remember, recently got the Dragon Jagdpanther G1 2in1 kit that included two complete hulls , one with molded on Zimmerit, the other without. Because both were G1 they shared almost all the same parts for the engine deck. Now dragon came out with this kit

1186022-27767-47-pristine.jpg

A 2 in 1 G1 and G2. The G2 has a completely different top and engine deck, but being a 2 in 1 kit you also get lots of parts for the G1. But not the lower hull. With these 2 kits combined you are very close to be able to build 3 tanks. Why only close? Well you still need sprockets, idler arms, casemate roof details: I. E. Hatches and vision blocks etc. And of course another set of wheels. But when you are a Panther kit nerd, you have plenty of wheels in your spares box.

Oh, and as an additional note. Dragon kits seem to always include DS together with magic tracks in their recent Panther kits. 

Hey there, I found a few calm hours to carry on with the Meng Jagdpanther. Rubbed down here an there, to scratch the camo even a bit more and highlighted some parts on the roof and engine deck by glazing on some ivory acrylic paint, just to try it, before going at it with a wash mixture of Abtl 502 oils, Smoke, Raw Umber and Burnt umber. The wash was demixing itself and that resulted in nicely different shades and strengths of black browns. Two passes had to be enough. Now its curing time over the weekend before a matt clear coat. Also went ahead with the work on the wheels.

ezpwdecw.jpg

7yfqagbb.jpg

Then I found in the box a few sprues of hundreds of rectangular pieces. I wonder what those are for ?! 🤨

jos5jq7b.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 1

Aren’t they the guide horns for the tracks. I have to say, they do put me off in some ways ,as its a detail that 99% don’t notice being solid if in reality hollow ☹️ 

Edited by Redcoat2966

2 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Aren’t they the guide horns for the tracks. I have to say, they do put me off in some ways ,as its a detail that 99% don’t notice being solid if in reality hollow ☹️ 

Well of course I know what these are for.;). And I might do these tracks eventually. But it is lots if parts. Painting wheel rubbers and gluing individual track links is always giving me a twitching eye already ;)

Hey there, I guess the last bits take moste of the build time. Found some spare time to bring a matt coat down, that actually muted everything like expected while additionally lighting the base paint up as I had hoped for. Now the wheels without the polycaps temporarily attached to get e tiny feel of progress.

gzcy6tdu.jpg

6alq9dfq.jpg

I only ordered this kit to get spare parts that in the end I didnt need at all  🤓

• Like 2

Hey there, after weathering of the tracks and resoldering a resistor (turret rotation) on the TK60 I gave it a test run in the garden to try the functionality as is at the moment.

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 2

Good evening, I played around with some dark iron burnishable color from Mr. color. Maybe this shade is a bit dark, but gives a nice effect, that is really difficult to catch in a picture. Still I would call this a usefull addition to the paint collection. The effect is still not completely right, but it gets closer. I dry brushed it over all the corners and torch cuts. Also on the tools and some surfaces especially the engine deck.

5e9eop2k.jpg

tvvdn7s3.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 2