Panther Gs early and else

Still waiting for the new Suspension. Added all the bolts on Transmission cover that were completely missing in the old HengLong/Taigen uppers. Also added the locks to the engine door. I guess I can finally start painting :D

06e03d56351bd1dbb0ed23d8deb3ec89.jpg

Here is the reason for stripping the suspension. Will see if Mr. Corleis´ engineering will make the difference. And some stencils for different numbers compared to the other Panthers.

209f2e35c3d113d8ebff366302bd21ab.jpg

And some painting in progress

e4b1e43c8af334da876a106d3da48382.jpg

Edited by Soeren

Thank you stips. Yes, fantastic tank design. Dont ask me what I have on order now ;)

For the progeress, I am not yet sure about how to do some modulation, either acrylic airbrushing of highlights, or tedious oils painting. Time to let the paint cure properly.

Edited by Soeren

Well, this is now my Panther G build thread, I just stumbled upon this anouncement

I wonder how close you can get to build 2 JPs out of this box with the spares left from other kits before the need to buy aftermarket parts?

1140917-15176-51-pristine.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, of course Dragon doesnt give you two complete kits for one price. A quick look around made me order 2 other kits

100884-10244-pristine.jpg

This one should give a complete rubber rimmed wheel set for free.

And this one 1136919-15176-39-1440.jpg

Giving another set of mantles, etc.

Of course there will be the need for some other aftermarket kits, top and formost idlers and sprockets. We will see.

I was looking at a Jagdpanther but got distracted by  Meng’s Bergpanther......really tempted to have one for those for my Christmas prezzie.....although Takom’s seems to have more detail and cool looking front 20mm cannon.....have to see which one I go for......good luck with the Jagd’....looking forward to the thread......👍

9 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

I was looking at a Jagdpanther but got distracted by  Meng’s Bergpanther......really tempted to have one for those for my Christmas prezzie.....although Takom’s seems to have more detail and cool looking front 20mm cannon.....have to see which one I go for......good luck with the Jagd’....looking forward to the thread......👍

I guess you can do great stuff with the Bergepanther kits. Maybe this can help me with spares as well. Just received a note from the post office. The steel wheeled from Korea arrived, witch fetch tonight most likely. The two JP kits were ordered from China,  tryout. Should be here early December at the latest. Prices were about 20-25% less than local.

Nice one, the Meng Jagdpanther kit arrived as well today. Both kits within 10 days from either Korea or China. 45 and 30€ Inc. shipping. The Panther has no dragon card, but all parts inside, not only two sets of wheels, but also two sets of tracks, ds and magic. The Men kit still included the metal barrel that should have only been in the first run. I don't thinks it is still inside in recent kits in Europe. 

Edited by Soeren

Speaking of Panther kits. MBK did a recent video review on the Takom 2 in 1 FlakPanther kit. You actually get a D hull together with 2 complete flak turrets, what looks like another amazing kit. Wonder if the turrets actually fit a dragon Panther hull. As I am torn towards dragon Panthers, well, I just know what I get and that is an amazing piece of kit and an enjoyment to build.

Hey there, fetched the Dragon Jadpanther kit from the post Office today. Not even 4 weeks from China via Ebay, Price was fantastic. The Moxingnet review was a bit hesitant because of a 2 in 1 Remake of the previous kits, but I had None of These, so think it is a bargain. The Chinese domestic kit included not only Magic Tracks AND Ds tracks, but also two Aluminium gun Barrels. But with only one muzzle break, the second I can get from the Meng kit. And as both kits feature the early G1, I can also decide to properly build 2 of the 4 MEng markings if I so wish, because of the Zimmerit hulls available in the Dragon kit. Still I have to wait and see how far I can get with the kit parts.

n6879j22.jpg

Not that I didnt get enough Pantherish kits already. Dragon tempted me already wiht success. Now I got an email by Ammo of Mig Newsletter anouncing one more new Panther. What is wrong with all the kit manufacturers ?! 😵
1178461-23814-44-1440.jpg

On 12/11/2018 at 21:35, Yetifan said:

Wow it’s a Panther fest 🙂 really enjoying this thread !

Hey there Yetifan, I can finally share some progress. Got the hulls mostly matched up now. Only have to figure out how to best scratch 2 idler arms. With all the indiviual spares they have some parts missing and ther must be a way around.

One thing up first, the Dragon kits include so many options and Panther G and Jagdpanther get a unique D or N sprue, as soon as you have both kits you have a plethora of spares. I will point towards these as I go.

Tank options:

-The MENG Jagdpanther will be Option 4, this is a later G1 without Zimmerit and bolted on gun sleeve

-The Jagdpanther with Zimmerit will be the early G1 as one of the box options, or one of the earler Meng markings, have to look into that

-The Panther G is straigh forward early G, in this kit at least Dragon tells you about which bump stoppers to use

-The second Dragon Jagdpanther will be made into a G2 as close as possible wiht the kit. Put the skids instead of the wheels onto the final drive housings and finally was able to use all the latest kind of bump stoppers. Funny enough, while the station one stops have the mounting cast onto the late G hulls, the JP G1s dont have them, but those were left overs from one of the kit. Also you can note the gun sleeve on the upper hull, that was left over from the 2 in 1 kit, although the instructions show this to be cut away from the sprue it was still inside. So the Meng kit wouldnt have been needed until now. The hulls back is a left over from one of the D sprues.

With such assortment of kits aftermarket manufacturers will be hard pressed to still stell spare gun sleves or gun covers. Nonetheless I have to get some Idler and Sprocket wheels, as these arent present as spares. You could get a spare idler though from kit number 6609, but I couldnt find that on sale until now.

Looking into the details, the latest Dragon Panther kits have more weld lines present than the G1 version. When comparing details between the Meng and the Dragon kits Meng has exagerated casting texture and overall looks a little less crisp, although it might be a mit more to scale. The dragon plastic also feels a bit more solid.

txsek79p.jpg

• Like 2

Now that is looking promising, you will earn yourself a logistics degree after that😂 I don’t envy you about the cleaning of the wheel and track parts, haha.

cheers

Yep, you are right, plenty of wheels, the road wheels alone are 8x2x2 per tank and that will be 128 in total. Speaking of wheels, I got a set of resin sprockets today. I could exactly two makers of aftermarket sporckets. One of the usual pattern would have cost about 11 € a pair including shipping, so I went with the set dfrom my local mailorder shop. These are said to be very lates according to the Panzer tracts.

ltwwgsh2.jpg

The current progress. Had to do a towing device on the off Panther and scratched an idler arm sort of. That wont be seen anyways after mounting the tracks. There is no set of spare vents. But that doesnt hurt, as these arent very visible below the grills anyways.

zchbuqja.jpg