Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Basilisk

Sharkmouth GB Chat

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Basilisk said:

But if you paint the model in Euro camp and use the markings of the SEA bird, then that makes it fictional.

The markings are correct for SEA camo. So i will just stick with that. I was just curious if i could go with the Euro scheme as an option. Thank you for the response. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 4:28 AM, Valkyrie said:

I wonder if this would be eligible at all please? Got a shark and a mouth and teeth...

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/1/0/6/1070106-10934-70-pristine.jpg

Sure is! Took me a while to spot the shark.

 

On 4/16/2019 at 6:25 AM, SAU said:

I have these decals in my stash

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/had-72100-aero-l-39--149350

 

If it has got teeth it's automatically a shark :angel:
 

or...

 

...I might be wrong here and better search for something with a more "fishy" look :smile:

Looks more like a bird, but it has a nice set of teeth, so go for it.

 

Cheers, Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Basilisk! This will be what I’m going to go with for this GB, US Coast Guard HH-65 in fetching orange scheme. Just need to buy one now. Hopefully be one at Scottish Nationals show next week where I’ll also get all the required paints, if not there’s one of these models at Hannants..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 8:31 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

The markings are correct for SEA camo. So i will just stick with that. I was just curious if i could go with the Euro scheme as an option. Thank you for the response. 

Are you building a 1/72 or 1/48?  I've got a couple A-7Ds (1/48th Hasegawa) that I believe have the Euro1 scheme.  I'll have to double check the instructions and condition of the decals.  They are kits I've picked up over the past couple years at model shows, so I'm not sure if the decals are even usable off the top of my head (been a while since I've looked at them).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fujimi 1/72nd, but Thank you for asking though. Id love to get a Hasegawa 1/48th A-7D. I had one many years ago (88-89), that languished on the shelf of doom. I messed up the cockpit so horribly and to the point it just wasn't fixable. It eventually went to the great recycler in the sky. Now they're 3 times as expensive and rare as 🦄💩.  

 

Dennis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Fujimi 1/72nd, but Thank you for asking though. Id love to get a Hasegawa 1/48th A-7D. I had one many years ago (88-89), that languished on the shelf of doom. I messed up the cockpit so horribly and to the point it just wasn't fixable. It eventually went to the great recycler in the sky. Now they're 3 times as expensive and rare as 🦄💩.  

 

Dennis

Yeah, I got lucky w/ mine.  Keep an eye at local model shows.  Both my kits I've nabbed for $15-20 each.  I know the few times I've looked on evilBay they seem to run 2-3x that.

 

One of those might be a front running option for this GB if I have time.  Hmmm.  🤔

Edited by helios16v

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohh, missed this. I’ve got two sharks from aussie-land in the box-o-kits: one AZ model P-40 Darwin defender and the Eduard Aussie Eight pack. Now the itch in the fingers came back again. Hope it isn’t too late to join the fray.🦈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well for once I'm ready for this to kick off. I couldn't find a Ball from Gundam 08th MS Team, but I have managed to find something something else that might get more attention. I'll probably get lynched for it however by the rivet counters. Lol

 

Kind Regards,

 

Dazz

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 5:10 AM, Dazzio said:

I have managed to find something something else that might get more attention. I'll probably get lynched for it however by the rivet counters. Lol

 

Interesting ? You have my Attention sir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missed this one, nothing in the stash suitable, but if I can find one on eBay or bare the full price on amazon I shall enter a French supersabre, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

French supersabre, 

:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

woohoo the the thread is open!!! :yahoo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be adding my stepson to this as well unofficially.  Would it be permissible to have him entered under my name?

We purchased a Kamov Hokum Black Shark in 1:72 Scale from Special Hobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be joining in in a couple of weeks with a 1/48 F-105G and maybe a Neptune. Don’t have the F-105G yet but I found the Hobby Boss kit at a reasonable price online the other day and I should have it in a few days. I’ve got some aftermarket on its way to me as well including Caracal decals for a shark-mouthed Thud and also some decals for a Neptune with shark mouths on the booster engine pods. The Neptune might be left until a little later though as I have a Hunter to finish, just started the Voodoo and I want to get cracking on something for the Lockheed GB (probably an F-104 - all of a sudden I seem to have a century series thing going on!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Less than a week to go!

On 5/4/2019 at 3:54 AM, Torbjorn said:

Ohh, missed this. I’ve got two sharks from aussie-land in the box-o-kits: one AZ model P-40 Darwin defender and the Eduard Aussie Eight pack. Now the itch in the fingers came back again. Hope it isn’t too late to join the fray.🦈

Never too late to join. Sounds like two great builds and the itch in your fingers are a very good sign.

 

On 5/4/2019 at 8:10 PM, Dazzio said:

Well for once I'm ready for this to kick off. I couldn't find a Ball from Gundam 08th MS Team, but I have managed to find something something else that might get more attention. I'll probably get lynched for it however by the rivet counters. Lol

 

Kind Regards,

 

Dazz

I better get the rope ready as I am a MEGA river counter - just kidding. Looking forward seeing what you came up with.

 

18 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Missed this one, nothing in the stash suitable, but if I can find one on eBay or bare the full price on amazon I shall enter a French supersabre, 

How could you. I think you didn't look hard enough as the model world is full of sharkmouth on aircraft. But a French Super Sabre would be sweet.

 

13 hours ago, trickyrich said:

woohoo the the thread is open!!! :yahoo:

It happened so suddenly and I totally forgot about it :(.

 

13 hours ago, Beazer said:

I will be adding my stepson to this as well unofficially.  Would it be permissible to have him entered under my name?

We purchased a Kamov Hokum Black Shark in 1:72 Scale from Special Hobby.

Of course can you start a WIP of a build your stepson is doing under your name. Always good to see some youngsters participating (assuming that your stepson is from a younger generation).

 

10 hours ago, zebra said:

I’ll be joining in in a couple of weeks with a 1/48 F-105G and maybe a Neptune. Don’t have the F-105G yet but I found the Hobby Boss kit at a reasonable price online the other day and I should have it in a few days. I’ve got some aftermarket on its way to me as well including Caracal decals for a shark-mouthed Thud and also some decals for a Neptune with shark mouths on the booster engine pods. The Neptune might be left until a little later though as I have a Hunter to finish, just started the Voodoo and I want to get cracking on something for the Lockheed GB (probably an F-104 - all of a sudden I seem to have a century series thing going on!).

Some great choices - Looks like you will be very busy.

 

I better make some space on my workbench so that I will be ready on the weekend.

Cheers, Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hui!!

This has come up fast!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you still taking entries? Because there's a HueyCobra in my stash with this GB's name on it 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, exdraken said:

Hui!!

This has come up fast!!!

It certainly did.

 

37 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Are you still taking entries? Because there's a HueyCobra in my stash with this GB's name on it 😉

Sure do. Actually anybody can join at any time :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are now out of the starting blocks and I wish you all lots of fun with your builds and hopefully many great looking model with a bite in the gallery in 4 month time.

 

Cheers, Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 I was just wondering how far can you push the teeth idea?  Looking at my stash, I have a few F-14's/VF-0/1's with the jolly roger on it that displays it's teeth.  I also have a few tigermeet meet schemes that show teeth/fangs as well.

 

Not that I will be enterting with anything else at this point as my TSR-2 will keep me busy for a while yet.

 

Kind Regards,

 

Dazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

spacer.pngI didn't pay much attention to this GB at first, as I WAS of the opinion that shark mouths only belong on P-40s, and I've built enough of those in the last few years.

 

But I picked up Encore's boxing of the Academy A-37 which includes a Dominican bird with a really gnarly looking set of dientes. 

 

Estoy corregido.

 

I also can pass up the chance to build something with Latin American markings.

 

 

Edited by SoftScience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am tempted to join, though at the moment I have too much else on the bench. We have till September so I may jump in later.

 

This would be my possible entry. Some scratch building would be required to the base kit for the exterior protrusions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

This would be my possible entry.

Ive got a close-up of the front from a head-on angle of this plane. Do you need it, or would you like it ? I could P/M the photo to you. 

 

Dennis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...