Sharkmouth GB Chat

Basilisk

On 4/9/2018 at 17:00, HansReggelsen said:

The Italeri 1/48 F-84F kit (Ex-Kinetic) comes with these markings! :D

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

I did this once with the 1/72 Airfix kit and Airmodel decals. Sadly don't have the model anymore but do have a few pics somewhere.

By the way I'll join in in the fun. Feeling inspired.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Count me in. No idea what with, can’t think of anything in the stash that fits the bill, but there must be something. Maybe this will be the inspiration to finally get round to an Eduard Spitfire VIII.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Paul J said:

I did this once with the 1/72 Airfix kit and Airmodel decals. Sadly don't have the model anymore but do have a few pics somewhere.

By the way I'll join in in the fun. Feeling inspired.

Thanks Paul, a pitty you don't have the model anymore, but you hopefully have a good reason to build another one soon :D

4 hours ago, zebra said:

Count me in. No idea what with, can’t think of anything in the stash that fits the bill, but there must be something. Maybe this will be the inspiration to finally get round to an Eduard Spitfire VIII.

sure do zebra. A Spitfire VIII does certainly gives you a great canvas for a range of rather aggresive Sharkmouth.

I have a hard time deciding what I could build as there are so many possibilities spanning WWI to current times. :hmmm:

Just one more interested party needed to get this into the voting :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

Edited by Basilisk

• 3 months later...
On 8/17/2018 at 8:22 PM, Christer A said:

Not too late to join the party am I?

Can't resist a Sharkmouth or five...

Not at all Christer. Nice to see more interest in this GB.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:29 PM, Ale85 said:

Nice idea! Count me in!

ciao

Ale

Done and welcome aboard Ale.

The GB still has to be voted into next year's GB calendar - so don't forget to vote in November.

Cheers, Peter

OK - there is NO way I'm gonna sit this one over! :D

I'm in - with what I hear you say?..... I don't know! I've got P-40'es, Hellcat's, Tomcat's Tiger, Mustangs, F-86'es........You get the point!

Cheers  :bye: - and may I say - this will be a GRRREEAAAAT GB! (Think Tony Tiger! :winkgrin:  )

Hans J

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes please !

3 sided Coin Toss for Tamiya 1/48 F-14A VF-111 Miss Molly ,   Revell 1/48 IDS Tirnado converted to either Tornado GR1 Mig Eater (1991)  or Tornado GR4A Scud Hunter - Operation Telec

Edited by RJ-WobblyHands
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 5:23 PM, HansReggelsen said:

I'm a bit torn between these two:

I'm voting for the F-11 Tiger as well. Is that a tigermouth?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Oops, I haven't checked here for a while :(

On 11/3/2018 at 3:17 PM, Ettore said:

Yes for me !

Ettore🦈

On 11/22/2018 at 9:18 AM, RJ-WobblyHands said:

Yes please !

3 sided Coin Toss for Tamiya 1/48 F-14A VF-111 Miss Molly ,   Revell 1/48 IDS Tirnado converted to either Tornado GR1 Mig Eater (1991)  or Tornado GR4A Scud Hunter - Operation Telec

Nice having you aboard.

22 hours ago, neil5208 said:

Can I join with an A10?

Of course you can!

On 12/3/2018 at 6:07 AM, HansReggelsen said:

The Tiger it is, then! :winkgrin:

I actually like the A-7D Corsair with the "Gromitmouth"! That way you don't have to worry about shark or tiger mouth :lol:

Cheers, Peter

• Haha 1

I've been umming and arring over this GB since it was first proposed, I have a couple of candidates but it sort of clashed with a couple of other GB's that interested me.

But I have something in the stash that I really want to build and it would be perfect for this GB and is quite different. So I've postponed a couple of builds to help clear some space, so I'm in and here she is.

IMG_1802-M.jpg

MDC's gorgeous 1/32 resin Hawker Typhoon Ib!!!  :wub:

.....and for the Sharkmouth, Aivaeology's Sharkmouth Typhoon decal set.

Typhoon%20Sharks%20Mouth%20decals-M.jpg

She was a very unique bird, just the sort of thing I like, plus she's resin......ok I'm having resin withdrawals! It should be an OOB build...though I can't remember if I did buy any AM stuff for her, will have to have a look see when I get home.

• Like 5

On 4/22/2018 at 8:50 PM, vppelt68 said:

I bought the Special Hobby Kittyhawk kit yesterday... Lovely! But a 112 Sqn Desert Sharkmouth P-40 is soooo many times already taken that maybe I should pass this one - and I'll probably build the kit before this takes place. 

Ok, sign me up anyways :coolio:! V-P

You could stick with 112 Sqn but do a Mustang, Vampire or Hunter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1