View new content

Where has View New Content button gone on the top bar below the facebook and twitter buttons. I've got all activity instead , mark site read and help...I need some ! I clicked that and got Likes on things I never read . Is it me, something I've clicked or have you changed it ? If you have, is it possible to get View New Content somewhere else ?

Thanks in advance.

It's still there on my system, as can be seen in the view below.  Perhaps you've changed something on yours?   What device and operating system are you using?

view_new_content.jpg

Mike

• Haha 1

Go to this link, and you'll see the VNC page.  In the little headers, change something then change it back.  You'll now see a button "Save As New Stream", and the text will read "View New Content".  Ok that, and I think it should revert back.  I'm only about 90% on that, as it's ages since I was mucking about with streams and the VNC button, but it should do it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

should do it :)

Whoop ,whoop.. Well done Mike.. Thanks very much, no idea how I went to the other thing unless I had finger trouble on my phone. More than likely.

Edited by bzn20

Glad you sorted that out. I was wondering how you could change stuff.

BTW, can you add a quick link in the heading bar for new streams?

Right next to the "VNC" button would be ideal.

I'd like to put a quick link to "Content I posted in" rather than digging around.

Rick.

• Like 1

Just do that thing above, and then save it off as a new stream.  I think it gives you the opportunity to save it as the default stream, which then replaces your VNC.  That's possibly what @bzn20 did accidentally :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

accidentally

Yeah, but with style ! Can't be doing with most of the internet stuff on my phone and trying to find the hiding places they put the buttons that are on Computer screens in full view and easy as an easy thing to navigate 'round. Went on BM late ish last night on my phone and probably wont be again. Emails, BBC News,BBC Sport and Facebook. is enough for me. Need Jodrell Bank to see the photos.

The phone style is quite "hidey" of things, isn't it?  Everything's on that fly-out menu, but if you think doing member stuff on a hand-held device is tricky, you should try doing Admin type stuff.  It's a flippin' nightmare, which is why I usually do it on my desktop instead.  For some things a desktop machine is still king :yes:

I keep meaning to change the PM icon from those speech bubbles to an envelope on the mobile platform so it's a bit more obvious, but I keep forgetting to work out how to do it :dunce:

That's what they were.. Thought it was a Twitter thing for Twits.. And Globe isn't it?