Kit - Tamiya 1:48

Paint - All enamels

Decals - Superscale

Extras - Ultracast resin exhausts & wheels, Master .303 barrels (added after photo), Eduard kit-specific Zoom Set.

DH Mosquito FB.VI

107 Squadron BAFO

Gutersloh 1947

MJ1orP6.jpg

OnJX90c.jpg

WvIT4Sd.jpg

mxi8nGQ.jpg

Mol2XON.jpg

8cbQ5ao.jpg

VtUO0Xu.jpg

PKWDn2O.jpg

pr8v5tv.jpg

Even though it's a Tamiya kit, I really took my time over it as I built it because I 'promised' a friend (and fellow modeller here in NZ) that I would, however that was four-and-a-half years ago. So after spending some considerable time on the 'Shelf of Forgetfulness' I decided to get my backside in gear and finish it as my first 'major' project following the recent house-move. So here you have it, please feel free to make any comments, ask any questions or hurl some constructive criticism. Thanks for taking the time to look, have a great weekend folks.

Ian.

• Like 48

I like it. It's a clean and tidy build. Whilst a cliché I feel fairly well qualified to say "the colours look spot on", the paint finish you have achieved is excellent and the weathering is concentrated on parts that move to give an impression of greater depth, and/or things that genuinely tend to get dirty. Well done :)

• Thanks 1

What an absolute stunner.  A great paint finish that really accentuates the the beautiful lines of the Mosquito. I really like the weathering and especially the dirt in the wheel tread.  Nice to see some post-War markings for a change too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A Mosquito that really looks like a Mosquito! Sharply delineated camouflage pattern, thoughtful little weathering details like the dust (mud?) in the tyre treads, exhaust marks on the underside of the tailplanes, et cetera.

A lot of thought – four years + ;-) – obviously went into the build and the finish. Impressive modelling!

But the mainwheel mudguards are squeaky clean on the inside… :-D

Superb work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the very kind comments. Very much appreciated and definitely not taken for granted.  Next will be another couple of 'props'; A Kiwi Kittyhawk, and a BoB Hurricane (new Airfix kit).

Thanks again.

AFN

Ian.

What a wonderful return from the shelf of forgetfulness; superb build & finish, a beautiful job, one I can only aspire to, but what inspiration, thank you for sharing.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

4 1/2 years.....well worth the wait, I am glad you revisited it, a lovely Mozzie in every respect. Your friend should be very happy indeed....if he can remember giving it you in the first place😉

Thanks for that, but he didn't actually give me the kit, I simply promised him that I would build 'a Mosquito' because he likes the aircraft and he appreciated the way I build my models.  Once again folks, thanks so much for the comments & feedback, I'm very, very appreciative.

Ian.