***finsihed*** Hasegawa F-18E

PhantomBigStu

welcome aboard Stu, I was wondering where you'd gotten to, but you can be forgiven for being late for bring another Phantom to the build.

That looks a nice model and seeing a Phantom in one of it's final schemes would be nice.

Well good luck with the build and look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

welcome aboard Stu, I was wondering where you'd gotten to, but you can be forgiven for being late for bring another Phantom to the build.

That looks a nice model and seeing a Phantom in one of it's final schemes would be nice.

Well good luck with the build and look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

I’m currently without a bench so limited to the 3 that are currently on what’s passing as temporary desk. Also I have not one but two airfix phantoms awaiting decals which I’m dreading. Should be able to start it once the new bench is up and running in a week or so.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the lack of updates but this one is set for a long term pause, was using the canopy from a previous build but the slim centre section broke, so this will go away into storage till either a spare is forthcoming either from the purchase of another kit or the Taurus vacuform is available again

39867119330_8867c7d9ce_b.jpg

don't the Hasagawa kits come with both a single piece as well as the open parts for a canopy? Can you use a razor saw on the single piece to open?

Bad luck by the way.

On 25/04/2018 at 10:40, PhantomBigStu said:

Yep, had terrible luck with canopies recently, time to move on to something else, thread should be moved in the GB forum later....

Stu , try some armour modelling fella, no canopies to break :D

• Like 1

go with BOMAN's hyperlink - but I have a spare set of instructions that I can post to you over weekend if required?

(like you I've just picked up that version from Hasagawa (VFA-27 Maces high viz) from Evilbay as well. - I've also got the Quickboost ECS pipes to replace the early type ECS vents molded in the earlier Hasagawa Super Hornet kits)

(I'll go thru the stash and see if I can't find you a spare F-4 canopy (closed) that I can't send your way as well)

drop us a PM if interested

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

oh ok, so the tails are meant to be completely black? I don't know the colour scheme you've chosen.

They are black and yellow (its a vfa27 scheme), but that is provided by the decals. Had some issues with the canopy though should be done later, meantime the exhausts are on and the steel area painted