HMS Dreadnought 1907 - Trumpeter 1/350

That is a lovely build. I've been thinking about getting one myself I think I will. Grandad SleeperService was on her 1906 to 1910 (or 11) then retired from the Navy. Called back in 1914 and went to Felixstowe for the RNAS, the Navy works in mysterious ways....

Absolutely Fab job Kris - the subtle weathering and superb rigging take it to another level - Congratulations

(And the photography is top notch too!!!)

Rob

Edited by robgizlu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Wow!  Just came across your build and you ,sir, have done a superb job!  Started mine but due to annoying life necessities it's languishing in my stash, but  am feeling the love!

Best wishes, Andy

Wow.. superb, nice job!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic Dreadnought! Completely blows my build out of the water (pardon the pun). The extra details you have added are amazing and lift it up significantly, and the subtle weathering gives her so much character.

Did you get all your aftermarket bits from the same place?

I've got the 1915 version I'd like to do one day, but there are so many aftermarkets bits you can get, so if there was a one stop shop that did everything in a bundle then that would be ideal..

Thank you all. 

On 22/03/2019 at 00:22, ArtickWarspite said:

Did you get all your aftermarket bits from the same place?

Unfortunately, but no. Deck and model of the same seller and PE separately. Both from eBay. Barrels I've bought directly from Master Model in Telford, and 12 pdr guns from North Star Model manufacturers Web site. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

That is awesome! Can I please ask what the vertical strips are along the hull that you added? (Not the torpedo net booms).

I have been flicking through my Anatomy of the Ship book, but can't seem to find anything about them? I'm not a rivet counter, I was just curious and was wondering what they were, how you found out about them and whether or not to add them to my Dreadnought... 😊

Thanks, and once again that's a great model! 👍🏻