Takom 1/35 Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus

Hey guys,

This is Takom's new Maus, and it's a nice kit! Resembling something of an IKEA item, the vehicle is pretty much flat-pack with sides slotting into each other and the most complex bits being the running gear and track, where the track is made from 3 pieces per link and each piece is secured by at least six points connecting it to the sprue...

The paint scheme is off the top of my head, a splinter camouflage influenced by an ambush scheme, then painted in Mr. Hobby Colours. The weathering was grimy enough as I created various airbrushed effects and then using oil paints, washed, filtered and streaked the rest.

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

Thanks for looking guys!

Sam :thumbsup:

• Like 12

Nice job, lovely splinter camo. One could mistake the camo on the front as a set of stairs for access to the driver's hatch!

A ridiculous tank on all counts, but still a viable subject for us AFV modellers. I've always fancied making the point by building one and camouflaging it to look like a farm building with fake windows, doors and brickwork.....

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2

On 4/5/2018 at 8:38 PM, Soeren said:

Nice. That is one I would like to build some time in the future as well. Do you have another 1/35 scale tank for a side by side size comparison?

Here's a few more from the collection, can compare it with everything from a Pz.Kpfw. I right through to the Tiger II! 

Pz.Kpfw._I-_VIII.jpg

Thanks for all the comments guys, greatly appreciated!

Sam :thumbsup:

• Like 5