***finished*** RAF Airfix B25,

PhantomBigStu

Looks like I shall have the new bench up and running pretty soon, the flooring will be done in the morning, leaving 4 days to do the skirting board before the new bench is collected on wednesday, so should have it assembled and ready for work the end of next week,  so this will be the christening build. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Laminate flooring does not have the give of carpet, gravity has cost me another canopy. Probably won’t try a replacement straight way and finish this another time, see what happens, kinda want to work on the b26 for the classic airfix GB instead will though paint the invasion stripes i was masking up today

28923988728_5d0750c1fc_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Sad 1

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, SleeperService said:

WOW! It certainly looks different with paint on. Good rescue and I'm glad Airfix came through. I live in hope that my Defiant glazing turns up one day.

If it’s the smaller one I may be able to help depending on the part. Anyway ready for decals now 

45012848245_3af4ba080f_b.jpg45201231354_0f8545112d_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

decals are pants, lost the roundels so had to replace with a slightly smaller pair from the spares box, and the code letters suffrered damaged, touched up with some revell red, which is to dark, hoping humbrol crimson will prove better come friday 

45935034812_1e1a46d32c_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu

I have found some pictures on the IWM site. Though they show VO-A, the serial number is different. I just wanted to show that the prop hubs should be painted the same black as the prop blades.

large_000000.jpg?_ga=2.72198995.19024394

large_000000.jpg?_ga=2.164482815.1902439

There are other pictures of other RAF Mitchells that also show black hubs.

Chris

The identity VO-A could be, and was, applied to a number of airframes; it is the serial number, e.g. FV194, that is the permanent identity of the aircraft, so any “VO-A” could be any one of a number of different aircraft.  Likewise any airframe, e.g. FV194 again, could assume a number of identities within a squadron, e.g. VO-A, VO-Z, or on a different unit, e.g. EY-W.

• Like 1