1/144 Short Sunderland/Sandringham, Avro Lincoln, Avro Shackleton

VMA131Marine

Any chance of the above mentioned kits? I know AModel announced the Lincoln maybe 10 years ago, but nothing came of it. It would be nice to have the military Sunderland and civilian Sandringham as well as the Shackleton in 1/144 as well. 

Edited by VMA131Marine

CMR did 1/144 resin kits of all of all the Shackleton variants a while back ,but I do not know if they are available now - try their website. And Welsh Models have done a Shackleton kit as well but I am unsure whether that is available or not. Equally there was a strong rumour that they were doing a Lincoln, but I have nothing more on this.

John

I bought a plastic kit of a Sunderland, thinking it was 1:144 scale, because that's what it said on the label, but it turned out to be only 1:154 scale.

Sunderland_041024.jpg

One of the old Lincoln/Kadet kits repackaged.

Sunderland_01_400.jpg

It could still pass as a 1:144 but I would have to stand it in the background of any diorama or display.  So I'm another one patiently holding out for an actual 1:144 kit, please Sergey!

Mike

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

It would be great if a manufacturer - perhaps Micro Mir - could give us a kit of the Avro Lincoln in 1/144 scale. This must be about the only post war British bomber that has not been produced in kit form?

John

• Like 2

• 8 months later...