Yes another Hurricane.

stevej60

I really shouldn't start another kit right now so here it is,after Tim's build I had to have one.It's on it's way from KK,but I won't start till the Hunter and Sea Hurricane

are done which should be within the week.I have decal's from Airfix's offering if the kit one's are poor and I'm sure I have the code's/serial's for Stanford-Tuck's

DT-A,we'll see..

• Like 1

Having your next project lined up ensures you don't get distracted and wander off to the pub or get into mischief Steve ;) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Col. said:

Having your next project lined up ensures you don't get distracted and wander off to the pub or get into mischief Steve ;) 

Cheer's Col,kit arrived today yes it's a bit clunky in part's but my God it does look like a Hurricane and has some nice recessed detail's I think

the weakest part is the single piece prop and spinner but I have spare Airfix one anyway,and there's an "Orange peel" surface which should

clean up with a bit if wet'n dry.

• Like 1

Hi folk's,before work start's later on this the ten year old in me could'nt resist putting the peel off sticker's on!

40558241514_56d8d4c03a_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blitz23 said:

Be nice to see how it turns out in comparison to the Sea Hurricane.

Despite it's toy like look's I'm looking forward to seeing what can be done with it Blitz!

• Like 2

Hi folk's bit jaded with some of the other stuff I'm on with so got this out and a couple of hour's during the day well on it's way,first job a dish of water and

fine wet'n dry then a ten minute  rub down of the major part's.

26442638447_3b0afca0c7_b.jpg

out with the interior green and silver,painting done then detailed the IP with a cocktail stick and a few other swithes etc,

40454639815_f54e0c7feb_b.jpg

and here we are,that seat bulkhead and floor assembly is one piece affair but look's good painted,next a tape harness add the control stick then

join the fuselage up,the wing's are assembled ready to fit.

41349939471_e561ec160a_b.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, zebra said:

Not at all familiar with this kit but you seem to have got off to a great start. The plastic’s an unusual colour!

Nappy brown Z,got her all assembled today and little bit of filler here and there but ready for primer.

• Like 1

Evening folk's layed some paint on today primed the whole lot in Sky then a second coat on the undersides as the finished colour,must

say look's great under paint now that brown's gone the beautiful panel lines really show and that's a nice fabric effect too.

39587434380_7b7ae23e09_b.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, spaddad said:

Hey man, you've got to stop turning everyone on to all this good stuff.

I remember building their Spitfire Dave though not finishing it due to some of the issue's the Hurricane has(awful surface  texture etc) but looking

at some of the other few kit's in the range the Zero and Mustang look really interesting all (including the Hurricane) seem to sit a bit too High on their

U/C but you could correct that if you're that bothered,and this one look's a beauty if you like big and Orange.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2011/galleries/x118rd_1.htm

Hi folk's after messing up the colour's I've ended up having to re-paint by hand both so I suppose I can claim she's 80% hand painted,good thing

about these Mr Colour paints is a wash can go straight into the line's.

40553189955_f44f1f10ee_b.jpg

• Like 6

Looks good Steve, especially with the paint down.  I look forward to how she turns out, a kit that's definitely overlooked. Will you use an Airfix prop or the kit one?

4 hours ago, Blitz23 said:

Looks good Steve, especially with the paint down.  I look forward to how she turns out, a kit that's definitely overlooked. Will you use an Airfix prop or the kit one?

Thank's Blitz,not sure about the prop yet,one thing Ive learnt today "never judge a decal sheet by it's colour" I had ruled out the kit decal's as they are too light and

had to further rule out the box scheme as the codes were a strange greyish brown but after I got the Airfix roundel's on thought I'd try a letter (no harm done if it

looked wrong whip it off sharpish),anyway once in water and off the backing sheet it looked fine spot on with Airfix's code letters from the newish tool kit so I'm

happy I can offer a different scheme.

41453508631_c07b426802_b.jpg

• Like 7

Hi all,U/C addedand painted,the legs and door's are a one piece molding so a wash was dropped in to give depth.

27622050038_96cc61eb04_b.jpg

And I have painted and added Exhausts as well as tail flash which was a PITA as each was made up off seperate strips of colour

to match the Airfix roundel's,the unit badge was put below the cockpit after checking photo's the kit instruction suggest below

the radio post which some build's/profiles show.

26622572617_e8bf939627_b.jpg

• Like 5

Morning folk's I think it's time for a matt coat now,I really like the fine canopy lines on this one I think another coat of green will seal the deal,once matt

coated I'll add a bit exhaust and gun staining and the big downside of the kit is the lack of Nav/landing light's which will have to be painted,a quick fix

for those that want to add scratch built item's though.Next photo's should be the Gallery.

39768699650_8445ceaf1c_b.jpg

• Like 5