Hawker Fury

neillbill

Got this in progress but wondering about wing dihedral? I got no decent drawings only a very small one from the Putnam Hawker book.

Seems to me a little bit of dihedral on the upper wing and a bit more on the lower?

Anyone please help with the actual dihedrals in degrees?

Thanks

Bill

Hello Bill

In his article Born with a sting in Scale aviation modeller from August 1997 Richard J. Caruana gives dihedrals as 1° for upper wing and 0,5° for lower wing. This surely is a typo and it is probably the other way around in reality. Cheers

Jure

Hello Bill

Here is part of a front view drawing, also by Richard J. Caruana, which was included in the article. Segments in red are my addition:

Mpx22wh.jpg

From the drawing I measured dihedral as 1,3°, and 3,8° for the upper and the lower wing respectively. Unfortunately I found no further information about it. Cheers

Jure

• Like 1

Well, most versions had provision for light bombs and Kestrel XVI powered Yugoslav Furies could be armed with additional pair of machine guns under the lower wings. Wing span, wing area and dihedral were not affected and had not, except with one-off High Speed Fury, changed throughout Fury's development. The drawing is actually the one of Spanish Fury but, as far as wings are concerned, front view drawing of Fury Mk.I differs only in two antennae from upper wing tips to vertical tail. Cheers

Jure

Thanks very much Jure that's exactly what I need. I am building the 32 scale Montex Fury excellent kit but not much instructions. I found many pictures but no good drawings but it is clear from the pictures that your drawing is good, very small dihedral on upper wing and more on the lower.

Thank you

Bill