Wingnut Wings announcement

Steve Coombs

I've just received the latest News from Wingnut Wings e-mail and am intrigued by the contents.

It starts off by mentioning the Scale Models Expo in NZ, and availability of the new Junkers D. 1 kit. And then there is this:

If everything goes according to plan between now and 21 April we should also have something else to announce at the show, so keep your eyes open.

I should imagine most of us will be aware of the centenary of a particular event on that date, and a kit to remember it by would probably sell exceedingly well.

Of course, the announcement could be something completely different!

It's going to be an interesting wait.

Let the speculation begin!  :-)

Seriously, I really can't predict which way WNW will jump.  Yes, there is the centennial of the von Richtoven shootdown...but that's too obvious.  WNW likes to spring surprises on us.  

A BE.2C?  Possible, they've certainly been on an Early War German kick.  

Nieuport 17?  It's been rumored - though the Copper State announcement may spike that idea.

Fokker D.VIII?  Possible, but I'd bet on an Allied type.

Hanriot HD.1?  TVAL just built one, and it's the sort of "doesn't get any respect" type that WNW likes.

DH-5?  Strong ANZAC connections, I can believe it would have appeal.

I've just started to build a Roden Fokker DR.I  so I'm sure they'll release one now!

The following aircraft are on my wish list.

• Armstrong Whitworth F.K.8
  • B.E.2C
  • Vickers Gun Bus
  • Bristol Scout

I'm sure whatever they announce out will be gratefully received.

It also looks like they've found a few sold out kits in the warehouse and will be selling these at the show as well.

Regards,

Mark

Edited by FZ6

That's exciting news. I guess a Dr.I makes sense to commemorate that centennial, as they already produce Captain Brown's Camel.

I hope it's a B.E.2C, Bleriot XI, or ship's Camel or Pup that can be built folded and disassembled.

The one thing for sure is that I can not begin to start to predict what the announcement will be for the next Wingnut Wings model!  

I have been really pleased with the out put so far as I preference for the German types for the simple reason being they are much more interesting to paint.  So......

" between now and 21 April we should also have something else to announce"

21 April 1918 - Manfred Von Richthofen shot down and killed. I'd guess that  Fokker DR.1 in MvR's markings is a strong candidate.

Here's hoping!

John

I'll be going to this show as usual. Probably spend a bit of pocket money at the WNW stand - hard to resist when they are right in front of you. :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Philby72 said:

perhaps the long awaited AVRO 504K which would be my favourite

Now you are talking but my suspicions is that it will be a Albatros B III or Even a Handley Page O/400 for the 100 of the RAF

Hacker

Could you imagine an 0/400 at 1/32 scale?  Another kit wing span of 3 feet or more.

4 hours ago, RichO said:

Could you imagine an 0/400 at 1/32 scale?  Another kit wing span of 3 feet or more.

With an option to fold the wings for those who are spacialy challenged.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1