Bluebird k7, 1967

8 hours ago, seadog said:

Nice choice of subject! Coming along very nicely!

Just had a little look at a couple of your threads, beautiful craftmanship, i'll have a more thorough look for sure, thanks for the interest, 

Glynn

Only just stumbled across this build, I too did not realize there was a kit of the K7 in this scale, I built the AlleyCat kit for the Prototype and Experimental Group build which has lots of shape and detail issues but which I enjoyed building.

Hope you have as much joy as I did with what looks like a superb kit.

Gary

• Thanks 1

I've had some spare time so I've brought this build to a long overdue conclusion, after about 4 attempts on the spray deflectors, i finally ended up with something acceptable, 

As for the canopy, its a fair rendition even with the slight alteration around the intakes, although it has the thickness of a crisp packet making it impossible to mask and spray the frame work, i cut out some sticky backed foil tape to make the frames, this helped with firming it up a little, but it was clear the frame was going to have to be brush painted, 

And any missed bits would pass as chipped paint, i hoped, i finished off th fod covers, and added the ariel and pitot, and mounted it on the  base, job done, I'm happy with how its turned out, so is the new owner by the way, thanks to all who have commented and liked it, i hope you like the finished article too. 

Cheers 

Glynn 

nOPOTz4.jpg1

5ODMWn7.jpg

jcBJFHr.jpg

3CjZk5U.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Great job Glynn the new owner must be well pleased with your work and presentation of this iconic bit of British History 👍🏻

beefy 

• Thanks 1

Thanks chaps, the base is merely a piece of black perspex with some padding on the back that is used for chair and table legs when they're on wooden floors, the writing is a decal from the kit, 

• Thanks 1