Bristol Blenheim Mk.IF, Donetsk Toys Factory 1/72

Hi!

I want to present the model of the British WWII aircraft Bristol Blenheim Mk.IF. It is the repack of the old FROG model F190 by Donetsk Toys Factory. This model was built for the FROG/NOVO contest in "Out of the box" nomination, that is no modifications are allowed, no work with panel lines are allowed. The change of the canopy, the antenna wire and the use of aftermarket decals are the only modifications that were allowed.

I built this model to test myself, what can I do with the "good old" kit from my childhood with my current abilities. The result of this test is before you.  

It is the night fighter Bristol Blenheim Mk.IF RE-A L8723, 229 squadron, early 1940.

DSC_3009.jpg

DSC_3007.jpg

DSC_3004.jpg

DSC_3014.jpg

DSC_3016.jpg

DSC_3019.jpg

DSC_3012.jpg

DSC_3013.jpg

DSC_3018.jpg

DSC_3029.jpg

DSC_3030.jpg

DSC_3028.jpg

Edited by Serge Tkach
  • Like 72
  • Thanks 1

That's an absolutely fantastic looking Blenheim.  It's amazing what you have achieved with this old kit (although I do think it was one of the best Frog/Novo kits).  A great paint finish and I am really impressed with how you have managed to make the raised panel lines look as if they are recessed.  Great work.

• Like 1

Very well finished model. The old Frog kit was a nice model in its day and you have done a beautiful job on it. 

• Like 1