1/48 Gannet AEW3

jaw

44 minutes ago, praded-dembelya said:

This is not a very simple plane, and a big one. I do not know...

Very wise to be unsure?  Classic Airframes must have had a reason for not going forward with their Fairey Gannet AEW3 from a few years ago, but it never materialised.....even though they had already done the box art.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/100697-classic-airframes-4136-fairey-gannet-aew

36 minutes ago, rayprit said:

Very wise to be unsure?  Classic Airframes must have had a reason for not going forward with their Fairey Gannet AEW3 from a few years ago, but it never materialised.....even though they had already done the box art.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/100697-classic-airframes-4136-fairey-gannet-aew

Classic Airframes basically went on permanent hiatus around 2009 due to economic conditions at the time. That was the reason the Gannet AEW never appeared not that they had a change of heart about the subject. Since then Sword has done the AEW in 1/72 and that seems to have been reasonably well received.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, praded-dembelya said:

This is not a very simple plane, and a big one. I do not know...

I’d buy one. I reckon you could get a decent number of pre orders from this site alone. The CA ASW Gannet sold well (I appreciate it has more nationality options).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are persistent rumours that at least some of the tooling was done. If we knew who CA used for their moulding then they might be the better people to do it.

MikroMir have got a great range of 1/350 subs and are doing the smaller aircraft and helicopters in 1/48. Each one is better than the last and I hope they keep going like that. I think a Chipmunk or similar would be better for Sergey than a Gannet AEW much as I'd love one in 48th.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2018 at 3:44 PM, jaw said:

Shall we bombard Trumpeter with requests for a 1/48 Gannet AEW3 - and a 1/148 Swift FR5 as well???

John

I'd be much happier if Special Hobby did one. I think they moulded the CA kits so may have the information to hand.

• 1 year later...

Alan Wilson of Icelandic Fine Arts has produced a resin 1/48 Gannet AEW3 which is pretty good. Whether or not it is still available I do not know.

John