Return of the King - Seaking HAS5 ZE419 of 820NAS, HMS Ark Royal 1988

16 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Except that we do actually know Crisp's excuse in advance.....!! :whistle: :winkgrin:

Now that's just pedantry Keith........You a lawyer or summat? :P:whistle:

Edited by Fritag
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Pot, this is kettle: colour check, over

Oddly enough, I'd been using a very similar expression when dealing with Mr. Fritag myself, and on multiple occasions ... :hmmm:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

Ciao

• Haha 6

• 6 months later...

Finally caught up with this fantastic build. Congratulations on the progress so far. I see you have the Haynes for the Sea King. Would you recommend this to someone making a HAR3? Or does it not really cover that model sufficiently?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, perdu said:

Guys oh look, 'tis Monday fair

and Crisp is where?

Oh yes, he's over there.

Over there, over where?

We Seaking here

We Seaking there

Those finescale modellers Seaking everywhere

If you should Seaking, please do give a yell

That damned elusive @Ex-FAAWAFU!

Terry

• Haha 5

Perhaps if you two chaps spent less time writing poetry and more time helping me to acquire the CAD skills needed for the Sea King rotor head (which is where this project ground to a halt…)….

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Perhaps if you two chaps spent less time writing poetry and more time helping me to acquire the CAD skills needed for the Sea King rotor head (which is where this project ground to a halt…)….

To even consider that I, me, myself might be even better at CAD skill acquirement than poetry smacks of obscuration...

Or was that desperation?

It is what it is, a long time since...

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

(which is where this project ground to a halt…)

I would take a large chunk of polystyrene and a needle file, glance at the plan and a few photographs and

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Not much help will come from me just yet I'm afraid due to some frustrating delays in acquiring the skills myself, linked entirely to needing a major system software and hardware upgrade. As my wife has observed many times, IT "stuff" doesn't happen quickly with me, having spent much of my working life in IT. I think I have Busman's holiday aversion syndrome!

34 minutes ago, perdu said:

I would take a large chunk of polystyrene and a needle file, glance at the plan and a few photographs and

I thought you were more of a SIHRSC file man myself Bill. Now we've not heard mention of one of those in a while ............... 😆

Terry

• Haha 4

Terry mate sihrsc is without doubt a fabled and fabulous adjunct to the armoury, recently used for bus component fettlement I recall but the circs entailed within Crisp's sad absence do call for some slight restraint I feel.

The lad needs to get his toolS out.

And get back here with them...

Edited by perdu
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, perdu said:

The lad needs to get his toolS out.

Now now, we don't want any of that here. This is a good clean nautical thread!

Terry

• Haha 3

One thing it isn't, apparently, is a SeaKing rotor head building thread!

Crisp, 'tis not too difficult (after the first day or two of banging your head on the desk!)

It just hurts a bit!

Ian

• Haha 4

On 5/12/2021 at 9:18 AM, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

On 5/12/2021 at 3:56 PM, Brandy said:

Crisp, 'tis not too difficult (after the first day or two of banging your head on the desk!)

It just hurts a bit!

Doesn’t sound like that excuse is gonna wash much longer Crisp :D

• Haha 4