Academy 1:48 Ta 183 "Huckebein"

Sturmovik

Photo taken originally from Facebook, this link was provided by @Homebee.

If I ever come across with this kit, I´ll make sure to buy one. Or two.

The image shows masks for the canopy and wheels, photoetch parts (Eduard maybe?), and a decal sheet with options for eight aircraft (you can´t leave aside Erich Hartmann, the ace of aces).

41221928521_52d364ab49_c.jpg

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 3

Hard to tell as the image is unclear even if enlarged, but that "photoetch" looks almost like HGW fabric belts.  The block of what appears to be text in the bottom right corner is similar to what HGW's items look like.

Could be wrong, though...

11 hours ago, do335b6 said:

is it a repop of the Amtech kit? Looks like the parts layout is almost the same

I think your right, but with PE, masks and different decals.

If it's the Amtech/Tamiya kit it's a good one.  I built a Tamiya boxing as a novice many years ago, and picked up another in the Amtech boxing and got the Aires stuff to go with it a few years later, but almost lost it when a former friend decided to play silly-buggers about sending it back after I lent it to him.  Happily, it's sat behind me as I type this :)

For both Mikes, I´ll follow both and buy one, I instantly liked the aircraft as soon as I saw one built in Modelling Madness. It´ll look great together with my Fw 190s (two more incoming).

19 minutes ago, Mike Esposito said:

Is there a release date on this? Link is dead.

I didn´t read any release datem, but judging for the sprues photos, I´d say the model is soon to be sold.

The link was a redirection to another Facebook page with the same image, so you didn´t miss anything.

On 05/04/2018 at 03:38, Sturmovik said:

I didn´t read any release datem, but judging for the sprues photos, I´d say the model is soon to be sold.

The link was a redirection to another Facebook page with the same image, so you didn´t miss anything.

https://www.facebook.com/modelartinc/posts/1910361625705379

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5632990743

http://www.moxing.net/bbs/thread-73191-1-1.html

Plastic is AMTech : https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AC12327

e04f4fef76c6a7ef4f4e875bf1faaf51f2de66c5

29597460_1910360602372148_44561079412064

29695073_1910360672372141_81146619790810

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the image above the assembled model is shown with radar antennas and X-4 missiles - those didn't come in the original AMTech release, so Academy will have other goodies besides masks and new decals.

I hope they fixed that awfull turbine intake also.

With those missiles and radar, it is on my list!

Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Weren't the wings also wooden?  The built up shows a metallic sheen doesn't it,? :hmmm: or do my eyes deceive me? :nerd:

Apparently.

Wiki says:

'Multhopp chose to use wood instead of metal throughout the wing structure, with wood structure ribs attached to the front and back of the I-beams to give the wing its overall shape, and then covered with plywood. The box-like structure contained six fuel cells, giving the aircraft a total fuel load of 1,565 l (413 US gal).[6]'

And yes the X4 missiles are included in the AM Tech kit.

I wondered if they'd then been given a thin skin of metal to protect the outers, but I guess not.  It was getting pretty scarce by then of course, so non-strategic wood was the easier option.  I read somewhere that although it never flew (it came close, but they got overrun (by the Russians?)  just as they were finishing the first aircraft), the thought was that the tail to fuselage join was too weak and would have caused some nasty issues.  I wonder if the Russians ever secretly flew one? :pilot: I'd pay to see that ^_^

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

I wonder if the Russians ever secretly flew one? :pilot: I'd pay to see that ^_^

Not exactly the real thing, but it pleased me enormously.

Feel free to deposit your payment into my Paypal account. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Feel free to deposit your payment into my Paypal account. 

On yer bike laddie!!!! :tease: I was ok with it looking a little off in shape until the SPINDLY gear legs came out, and then I cried :crying: With the gear up and it moving fast so you can't see the details though, I do like the look of it :)

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Decals are from Cartograf, that makes the kit even better!

I´m going to buy 20!

Edited by Mike
Removing extraneous photo quote
  • Like 1