RAF100 Commission build 4x Tornado of various flavours

9 hours ago, Russmeister 101 said:

Lol.  It's an easy kit to build, just take your time and make sure you get your geometry correct.  A little light sanding was all that was required on all 3 of them!

As for the missing Aircrew, you never heard of active stealth technology?? :D:D:D - That one was customers choice, as you can well imagine, a bunch of drunken RAF types will create enough carnage with these things, without the added incentive of being able to point at the funny little men ;) 

Lets hope they treat the models gently!!!

They are stunning, fantastic builds all of them!

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

Those are beautiful models, my only criticism would be that flying aircraft without pilots look a little odd, but that in no way detracts from the excellent work you have done.

Andrew

• Like 1

Fantastic work x4... I could not even dream of doing this in 3 years, never mind 3 months. I hope that they will be treated with the requisite respect come the day. 

• Like 1

Thank you one and all! :D

It really does inspire me to carry on with my modelling when I receive such positive comments and constructive criticisms.    Next build for me is a cathartic build, something like a 1:700 Photoetch Spitfire ;):D:D.  Of course, I jest.  Next up is the new-tooled 1:72 Airfix Sea King HAR.3 - will be done in 22 Sqn colours (of course! :D)

Hi Russmeister 101,I am not differently abled and I could never hope to build models as good as yours,they are amazing or as we like to say in my part of the world well tidy mun.:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

• Like 1

wow!

great models!!

no need to be gentle at all!

intresting how differnet the Revell and HB F3s look around the nose section......

my wote goes to the GR4 :)

• Like 1

"Yes, there are errors and glaring omissions on all the kits, but I have done my level best to provide completed (for the most part, hehehe) subjects. "

If these are near perfect , don't ever post a perfect one as you will depress me and likely most other people on here

Fabulous models , well done

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with that lot, mate.  All they're missing is a 1/48 version of my cousin, a RAF groundcrew wallah, up to his armpits in one with a spanner and a roll of duct tape!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SimonR said:

a bunch of drunken RAF types will create enough carnage with these things

I don't know about that... I've a few relatives in the RAF and they all seem to be very respectful of aircraft, booze or no booze.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Pete said:

I don't know about that... I've a few relatives in the RAF and they all seem to be very respectful of aircraft, booze or no booze.

Maybe things have changed since I partook of the debauchery in the mess of an evening.... It's not so much the RAF personnel I'm concerned about - it's the snotty little kids that will be clinging on to Daddy/Mommy's Dress blues... ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Russmeister 101 said:

it's the snotty little kids that will be clinging on to Daddy/Mommy's Dress blues

Of course... I hadn't considered them.  Perhaps tiny handcuffs are in order?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Modelling Padre said:

The aircraft look stunning. I have always wanted to build a tornado but have yet to do so. Would you recommend one kit over the others for ease of build?

Thabk you for your kind words.

I would say that it depends entirely on the subject you want to capture. 

The Hobby Boss F3 was a nice, straightforward build, but the shape of the tailerons and also the front fuselage joining the radome look just.... wrong...  That said, the Revell F3 is a more complicated build as it has a working  pivot mechanism for the wing pylons (don't bother, these parts really need to be made from metal, not fragile plastic as they invariably break.)

The IDS kit will make a reasonable facsimile of a GR.1 but since the GR.4 kit was released, you don't have to scratch build a lens for the flir pod. 

It's a tough one to call, but I'd go Revell for cost and overall accuracy. 

Excellent set of models, great work and I think I like the 2 Sqn GR1A the best.Seems on that scheme they made the Squadron markings as large as possible.Glory days before the small markings of the gray era.

Well done

Shaun.

• Thanks 1

Outstanding collection and I hope they survive intact, great effort on the Hobby Boss F.3 as this has a fair few issues.

Brilliant work.

Eng

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eng said:

Outstanding collection and I hope they survive intact, great effort on the Hobby Boss F.3 as this has a fair few issues.

Brilliant work.

Eng

Was a fairly good build.  Few niggles, but nothing a bit of modelling can't cure. 

• Like 1