FROG 1/72 FW Ta 152 H

FROG Ta152 progress update  .............

Well I have bitten the bullet and applied the first coat of Humbrol Matt 251 RLM 81 over the lighter RLM 82 with a paintbrush.

resized_c231b8f7-c4c9-44d6-a28e-76c25bd5

I have amazed myself at how well it seems to be going. I think it helps that the Xtra Color RLM 76 is glossy as the overlapping colours are not absorbed by it and I can manipulate them while they are still wet.

resized_74e698b2-10bc-4ca5-b584-762ed4b6

First coat of Humbrol Gloss Yellow applied to fuselage band.

• Like 10

FROG TA 152 update  ............

resized_6175217b-4eb0-492a-af1f-315f68f2

I think that is it now for the camo .........   must not get carried away , know when enough is enough. Now time to get on with the final details. Spinner spiral painted on  ............. can't wait to spin that prop .............

resized_85cfcdfe-e003-49e8-9343-b2428ccf

I don't think I've enjoyed a kit this much since I was at school  ...............

• Like 8

The Ta 152 is completed  ................

Today I finished my FROG Ta 152. Yesterday I applied a mixture of the FROG decals and some ACADEMY decals I had in my spares, the FROG decals were quite thick and a bit yellow. I had to repaint the areas within the crosses to hide the yellowing.

Model finishing touches include stretched sprue aerial wires, exhaust staining and wear and tear on the paintwork.

So here is a little tempter of the finished model before I post it on Aircraft Ready For Inspection  ................   see you there

resized_78b5effb-f1b7-43bc-95d3-07b0f655

resized_62663bf5-dbd3-41af-9ebc-5c0baa68

cheers,  adey

Edited by adey m
  • Like 11

On 3/16/2018 at 7:35 PM, adey m said:

Another thing that is confusing me is that there are photos showing the intake on the side of the nose being on the left on some and on the right on others. Did they do left and right hand drive versions  ..

A bit late here, but the intake to port is for a Daimler Benz DB603 engine, the one to starboard is for a Junkers Jumo 213.  There were never enough DB603s to go around.

From another early comment:  the Airfix kit using TD+XI incorrectly was an Fw190D from 1958, not a Ta152.

• Like 1

Hi Andre

thank you for your comment

resized_1b7d5c9c-4e03-4e69-b767-57119014

This is the engine  ............

I constructed the kit's propeller to be free spinning. A plastic rod glued into the rear of the propeller is slid freely into a plastic tube which is glued to the cowling.

A plastic collar ( not yet fitted here ) holds the prop shaft in place.

resized_c4b03b10-d364-469f-97e5-b2b2421d

propulsion is started by a flick of the finger on my left hand while I press the camera shutter with my right hand  ................  and sometimes I get the timing wrong like here  .......................

cheers,   adey

Edited by adey m
  • Like 5

• 1 year later...

How accurate are ted decals/painting instructions?  Thanks FAAman posts such as yours make a huge difference in knowing we are not making a generic plane

There was a feature on this Frog kit in 'Classic Plastic' column of a modelling magazine.  though the knowledge behind the build was limited.

• 3 years later...
On 3/18/2018 at 10:17 AM, FAAMAN said:

Very nice so far, here's some landing gear pics to help, painted in Vallejo RLM-02, all '190/Ta 152 versions had the same gear,

This is the correct angles for the gear,

35102818503_980cba89b7_o.jpg121a. Fw 190V-18 by Neil, on Flickr

Landing gear components under way,

0063. MLG2sml by Neil, on Flickr

Finished ready for final assembly,

160. GearFinish by Neil, on Flickr

Hope this helps,

FAA B)B)

Not necessarily, the  190D9 series had a different retraction method to the Ta 152 which had electrical I think. However whether this altered the geometry of the undercarriage I dont know?