Sopwith Camel Stripdown 1/72

I have so far done the tailplane and upper wing:

27320448858_d0aca0ed0f_c.jpg

And here is the upper wing mid-construction. It is made up of a separate centre section and the two wings which are all held together by thin strips. It's all very fragile!

40480912874_66f5739708_c.jpg

Then with little bracing pieces and a bit of paint this is where I am up to as of last night. It's pretty fiddly but  I'm pretty pleased with how quickly it's come together.

40480912704_a7f4bb7a71_c.jpg 

Edited by markleecarter
liks
  • Like 9

I know this would be too fiddly for me, but I love the look of what you have done so far and am looking forward to watching you progress.

• Like 1

Wow! I don't think my ageing shakey fingers would manage this!

I fancy doing Arthur Browns Camel, one of the options in the Wingnut Wings Br.1 kit, we seem to have plenty of time in this GB.

Keep going and good luck.

Davey

• Like 1

Thanks all! It is certainly the trickiest thing I've ever attempted but still enjoying it so far. 

I don't know if it was a foolish decision or not, but I decided to go the whole hog and have begun adding the internal bracing wires to the wing. I could only get a bit done before my eyes stopped working!

39407201490_97500b9af3_z.jpg

Edited by markleecarter
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, markleecarter said:

Thanks all! It is certainly the trickiest thing I've ever attempted but still enjoying it so far. 

I don't know if it was a foolish decision or not, but I decided to go the whole hog and have begun adding the internal bracing wires to the wing. I could only get a bit done before my eyes stopped working!

It does look good!

Take an eye break, but see what you can do :)

• Like 1