Mosquito B/PRIV cockpit question

bigbadbadge

Hi all.

I am looking for some advice from the Mosquito experts amoungst you.

I am building a Tamiya 1/72 Mossie PRIV and am looking for information rear the crew access door.  I know the external one opens to the side, but I cannot find any images of how the internal one opens. Looking at the space inside I would think it opens to the offside and would lean against the right inside cockpit wall.  I can'tlocate any images of this as all images I see it is obscured. Please can anyone assist with this?

Thanks in advance 

All the best 

Chris 

It's either completely removable without a hinge (which is my best guess) or if it does have a hinge it would move away from the middle towards the side. If you model it open like that it obscures quite a bit of detail.

These photos of RS712 show it removable and stored on the rear deck where the radios are normally located (3rd row photos):

http://www.mossie.org/Phil_Broad/PB_RS712_det_int_cockpit.htm 

Brilliant thanks Elger that's very helpful thanks for the link to the excellent images.  I take it that it was placed back in the hole for flying. Sorry but seeing the images has thrown up another question or two. I note that there appears no Radio equipment on the back shelf is this correct ? Where would it go was it just a set behind the Pilot seat ?

Thanks for your help. 

All the best 

Chris 

Edited by bigbadbadge

The inner hatch on the B.35 (RS712 is a B.35) is hinged on the starboard wall side of the hatch and the hinge is screwed to the floor. Removal would not be part of normal operations. I believe the set up on the B.IV would have been the same.

As to radio equipment, I would expect to see much of this on the "back shelf", which is actually the top of the wing. Check out some of the other Mossie builds on the site.

HTH

Andy