1/48 - Supermarine Scimitar resin kit by Scratchaeronautics - released

Homebee

Just a heads up if you that have ordered are not aware of this, but expect long delivery times.

I ordered their CASA-200 in April and have yet to see any resin in my post box.

I have asked them several times what the status is, and each time I've got the answer that it's ready and I should hear back from them with shipping number within a week.

The last time I asked was about 2-3 weeks ago, with the same answer. Still no reply with any shipping details.

Edited by flarpen

Hi Flarpen.

AFAIK, the kit you purchased was a "special request", a swedish CASA C212. In fact, that kit is not offered in our catalogue, but Juan offered to develop it specially for you, with new custom made parts and decals, and even told you about the longer turnaround. AFAIK, he made you aware about the three to three months and a half delivery deadline. If you purchased the kit by mid april, it should be delivered by mid august at the latest.

To cut a long story short, and to be fair, you should have mentioned that little detail, it's a custom made kit just for you, with new resin parts and decals, as mentioned before.

We take from two to three months to deliver any of our kits, we don't keep a stash, ready for shipment, we're not a company making hundreds of copies with a huge profit on return, we cast the kits by order.......and, of course, if you ask for something different, some personalized model, it makes sense to think about a slightly longer timetable. 

And finally, just some info, for whom it may interest:

We don't make our living from selling these kits.

We clearly make you aware that it takes about three months since the payment is received. Reading and understanding what you're reading is the key. The word "ABOUT" doesn't  mean a fixed time, as we do things in our spare time. That one who cannot wait, is told NOT TO PLACE THE ORDER.

The kits ordered in april and some of the ordered in may, are being shipped now in august, in a strict order of "first paid, first served".

If anyone feels he's been cheated, just write an email, and your money will be refunded.

Best regards.

Edited by Artie
  • Like 6

That little piece of information has never been mentioned to me.

Not that it involved any kind of special made parts or anything like that.

When I first asked about a Swedish CASA I got the response that it is available and would take a month to be manufactured.

If I had known that this was not the case, I ofcourse would not have anything to say about the delivery time being longer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Artie said:

Not a pain at all, John.......I'm glad to tell you that we're casting the preordered kits, and just need to sort out the instructions sheet. We have to get as many of them ready for shipment and take advantage of our trip to the post office....Hopefully, they'll be shipped next week.

Best regards...

Sounds good. Can't wait.

Cheers

Chris

Good evening all. With the kind permission of the administrators, I'd like to add a brief update.

Today, we've finally finished the kit. Some last minute issues have delayed us with this project wich we hoped to have ready for shipment early this month. First thing first, we'd like to apologise for the unexpected delay. The kits are ready, and will be reaching you soon.

We had to made a new mould for the wing parts, because the original one got ruined. The high pressure chamber produced lots of bubbles into the moulds, wich transfered to the resin parts. Needless to say, that mould was discarded....Fortunately, just that mould was damaged, and we made a new one.

This is what you'll get...Please, be aware that the pics show just one external fuel tank fitted, the kit will be supplied with two of them.

43984883121_9638c50386_c.jpg20180811_193607 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

30116343308_1c83eecce3_c.jpg20180811_193819 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

30116354838_c197b89230_c.jpg20180811_193546 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

29047092687_fc93489440_c.jpg20180811_193525 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

43984873291_8622367f9a_c.jpg20180811_193158 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

Finally, reiterate my apologies for the delay. We are doing everything possible to deliver a model of acceptable quality, and we have encountered some last-minute problems that we did not expect. Fortunately, they have been solved. We are sure that the final result will be of your complete pleasure. In short, you will be receiving them at home. Please, don't hesitate to ask any question, we'll do our best to keep you updated. Please, be patient, you won't feel disappointed.

Best regards from Tenerife.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Hi Artie,

for me, I have more than enough to be getting on with!

A few weeks or even months won't hurt.

Hasn't everybody got more models than they need?

I know most of us are...stick, fill, sand, fill, sand, fill, sa........

Oooh, shiny shiny, NEW model.........me want NOW!!

Well, all comes to he who waits.

Thanks for your constant updates.

To Juan, yourself and your fellow club members for being daft enough to:-

A. Propose the model

B. Build the master

C. Mould the model

Keep drinking your medicine!

Paul

• Like 2

Hi Artie,

everyone suffers at least on setback in their productions, it is part of the producers life.  The good thing is that you are being up front with those issues and keeping your customers updated.  As PhoenixII says, everyone sees a new kit and says "Oooh, shiny shiny, NEW model.........me want to be the first to add it to my stash!" :giggle:

All the best

Mike

• Haha 1

Hi Artie,

The Scimitar looks really good - well done! I look forward to receiving my copy in due course. Now for that Swift FR5?????

Cheers,

John

Thank you very much for your patience and support, gentlemen. We really appreciate it. Please, note that the pics don't show the nose refueliing probe, wich is also included in the kit.

Best regards..

• Like 1

You boys take your time sorting out the inevitable snags. I doubt any of us who have pre ordered will be champing at the bit to get the kit yesterday.

We have an old saying in GB:  'All good things come to those who wait...'

I echo the thoughts of Jaw (John) above,  a Swift FR.5 would really be nice.

Nige

The kit looks absolutely stunning, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it ! If you ever get round to other FAA aircraft (Gannet or sea Venom anyone ?) I'll be first in line ! 

Edited by gareth

Great news Artie,

It looks absolutely right, every inch a Scimitar so I'm very pleased that I have the kit on order and look forward to receiving it in due course. Clearly it would like to be a 'tail sitter' so I imagine there will be space in the forward fuselage mouldings to add ballast weight?

I to wouldn't mind a Swift FR5 !!

Keep up  the good work!

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening all.

Just wanted to let you know that the first batch of Scimitars was shipped last friday, so hopefully they'll be reaching their new homes within the next days. I've been away from Teneife for the last ten days, so haven't been able to properly inform you, didn't have any internet acces or wifi connection there.. Just have been informed by Juan today...!!!

I hope you'll enjoy them and live up to your expectations. Please, remember to add some weight into the center fuselaje section, otherwise, that 16 oz. resin kit will become a tail sitter...!!!!

My public apologies for the teething problems we've found while developing such a challenging kit....sometimes, I thing we bit more than we could chew...!!!!

Finally, I'd like to give you a big THANK YOU for all your support and patience.

Best regards from Tenerife.

Arturo Navarro.

IPMS Canary Islands

Edited by Artie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Not happy at all, indeed.

Given the fact that the first batch of kits was sent two fridays ago, and you confirm they're still at Madrid, can't say nothing but THANK YOU (ironic mode on) to the spanish postal services. Every good sent or received from the Canary Islands is considered to be an export/import (again, thanks EEC regulations), and are stopped in Madrid for customs clearances.

Well, I hope thay'll be reaching you in a few days......

Arturo Navarro

Hi Artie,

many thanks for the update.

Don't worry about the things you have no control over.

They'll arrive in their own time......I mean, after initially being removed from the packaging and the larger parts being 'test fitted', 90% will take their place in the stash! :whistle:

• Like 1

The Scimitar has been our most challenging project so far. I really thing that you'll like it. Anyway, I absolutely understand people getting impatient waiting for it.....I'm a desperate modeller myself, and whenever i order any kit from overseas, can't wait to know from the postman knocking my door...!!!!

Best regards.

58 minutes ago, chrisov said:

I have not received a tracking number does this mean mine has not yet been sent?

Not a complaint happy to wait for this model but just wanting to know what the current state of play is.

Thanks

Chris

Same with me - no tracking number, BUT it doesn't bother me as if I remember right, Artie said the kits are being made in batches, as the next batch is produced those having ordered them will be notified that they are in the post...………...I have the rest of my life to wait so, no rush...……….as phoenix said earlier, most will be opened just to see what its like then 90% of them will be added to the stash...……..mine will for sure as I have so many kits awaiting building

I've just been playing catch-up with this, and it's great news that you're now shipping out kits :yes: I still have fond memories from building the old vacform kit from that very famous company of yesteryear.  With that becoming increasingly rare, I'm glad to see you're filling the void.  It's probably the only way I'll ever get to build another one!  What is it with the Scimitar anyway?  It wasn't all that good, but I find myself liking it more than is reasonable :hmmm:

Kudos - what's next? :)