1/48 - Supermarine Scimitar resin kit by Scratchaeronautics - released

Homebee

2 hours ago, chrisov said:

Perhaps there will be more once the silicone/resin shortage has been overcome

If you hurry up, you can still order one, we're going to cast the resin parts next saturday, and shipping will start next week....Juan has been enslaved and is  finishing the undercarriage legs and underwing tanks right now, away from girlfriend and friends....😂

The resin shortage delayed us about two weeks...the supplier sold our order to another customer, "due to a misunderstanding", as he told us......Hopefully, it will never happen again..

Edited by Artie

27 minutes ago, Artie said:

The resin shortage delayed us about two weeks...the supplier sold our order to another customer, "due to a misunderstanding", as he told us......Hopefully, it will never happen again..

Just tell him some British hooligans tourists will be coming 'on holiday'. That should sort the problem. :fight:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Just tell him some British hooligans tourists will be coming 'on holiday'. That should sort the problem. 

Do you really think those Hooligans need to fly here?????? We've got lots of them already living here...😂

One of my best friends, Gary, is a Westham United nut,  and believe me, once you know him, you find a nice lad under those tattoos......

6 minutes ago, chrisov said:

Thanks VP oddly even searching ebay last evening did not show any more of his Scimitars.

Can't say a word about ebay, but if you want, write directly to Juan at:

[email protected]

Please, note that while at work, he doesn't check his private messages, we don't have civil internet access at the garrison. He leaves form work at 15:00, so from that time onwards, he will be checking the email.

Best regards.

Saturday evening update....

Well, today we've enjoyed another fantastic saturday. Even a new modeller from Italy has joined us......Alessandro, Gelli, from Gruppo Modellisto Senesi, but now living in Tenerife, a very nice friend who seems to enjoy both modelling, eating and tasting local wines.....

Regarding the Scimitar, I'm happy to say we can call it finished. Today, we've been pouring resin, and the first five models have been completed. We'll start shipping them this week, in a "first come, first served" principle.

The last kit sold in preorder status was ordered today by a fellow Britmodeller. We'd like to give a big thank you for all your support and trust in this challenge.

Anyway, if any other Britmodeller would like to order one of them, they'll go for 80€, including shipping. Non Britmodellers, will have to order them from ebay, and the price will be 90/95€, depending on the shipping costs.

Here you are some pics:

Casting the first copies.......

42836816594_f2bab83955_c.jpgIMG_20180721_132915[1] by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

Checking the resin parts.....

42649565025_fb549a4a9d_c.jpgIMG_20180721_180843[1] by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

The final result, a real beauty....It's a very big lady....

42649557375_8cefbf55c3_c.jpgIMG_20180721_181111[1] by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

Just a toast to celebrate another happy saturday..

29683088418_ce24187da1_c.jpgIMG-20180721-WA0045[1] by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

Highly recommended......an excelent single malt....

42649549765_4378ef340e_c.jpgIMG_20180721_205014[1] by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

Apart from casting resin parts, we enjoyed a Mustang parade, some weird whiffers can be seen...

43507713182_e9851c1c2d_c.jpgIMG-20180721-WA0048[1] by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

Best regards....!!!!!

Edited by Artie
  • Like 7

The Scimitar looks great - well done! I look forward to receiving mine very soon. I trust that the San Miguel and whisky assisted the process!

John

On 7/22/2018 at 9:02 AM, Vlamgat9 said:

I think I am moving to Tenerife 

:hmmm:now why would that be? The like minded individuals.........OR..............the single malt Scotch :whistle:

P.S. I'll join you!

Just heard from Artie that he and Juan have had to go to the suppliers again this afternoon to get more resin.  It appears to be that this kit is very popular within the Britmodeller community. :clap2:

On 7/25/2018 at 12:29 PM, PhoenixII said:

:hmmm:now why would that be? The like minded individuals.........OR..............the single malt Scotch :whistle:

P.S. I'll join you!

Both seem like reason enough.

Plus weather is cooler than London nowadays. 

Just back from nearby Lanzarote - nice cooling breeze every day. Back to the topic  and Arties question - I have one of these on order personally I would prefer masks to decals printed on an EDSG background as matching the colour is likely to be very tricky indeed. Wonder if someone like Fantasy Printshop would do a short run of decals at a reasonable price?

Could these or other similar " generic" codes be used?

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ML489022

Superb colour film footage of Scimitars on board HMS Victorious...……...includes close ups of wheel detail, insignia, and I suppose a full (you could say) an active full view of preparation for take off and landing...…...it also includes starting on deck with the Palouste mobile starter...………...enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2018 at 10:37 PM, Artie said:

Highly recommended......an excelent single malt....

A really good choice.

Free sample with the first ten kits?  (says he who has forgotten where he is on the list!)

1 hour ago, rayprit said:

Superb colour film footage of Scimitars on board HMS Victorious...

803's early markings. I wish they'd kept the chequered arrowhead. It would have complemented the yellow and black fin.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

..............says he who has forgotten where he is on the list!

are you saying that the first three kits have not been ordered by you?? I thought you would have been at the front of the queue  :giggle:

Mike

• Haha 2

Hi Artie,

Sorry to be a pain, but can you tell us the current situation with the Scimitar kit please?

I hope that it is not too warm in Tenerife for you - more San Miguel if it is!

Cheers,

John

Not a pain at all, John.......I'm glad to tell you that we're casting the preordered kits, and just need to sort out the instructions sheet. We have to get as many of them ready for shipment and take advantage of our trip to the post office....Hopefully, they'll be shipped next week.

Best regards...