Hello from Somerset

IanJohnB

Hi 

I'm Ian and I have just returned to modelling after about 40 years. I used to make Airfix models in a day, painted with one brush and no thinners - a sticky gluey mess. But I am now a convert and am enjoying returning o modelling at a time of life when I can afford to spend time and a little more money. My son brought me a Revell Starship Enterprise for my birthday last May and since then I've been hooked. I have enjoyed learning from YouTube and recently went to the Yeovil Modelling Exhibition and saw some great models. I am very much a novice - taking my tome and building the Airfix HMS Belfast at the moment.

Edited by IanJohnB
Adding tag
  • Like 2

:welcome: Ian to Britmodeller, you are very typical of the members here; you'll fit in perfectly. I must have been a rich kid; I had two brushes and no thinners. Same gluey mess, though. You'll find that this site is a goldmine. The people here are always ready to help. My name is Joe, live in the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. My interests are 1/72nd aircraft, any era. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe