Revell 1/72 Fw190R-11 OTB failed :(.... But to be continued...

Hey guys and gals
I started with the Fw night fighter. First try for a mottle sheme, so lets go.
Started with painting the interior. Revell provides nice detail here and I think it looks pretty nice.

Gr TC

S7pvn7R.jpg

5vbcqtY.jpg

otFiwOZ.jpg

Edited by Twentecable
  • Like 2

So this one is done, failed :(.

Tried to put on pirimer from a spray can. Last time I try that! 

GqSUYxQ.jpg

With this the model is done. I consider stealing the cockpit out and build it into a new frame. Not sure yet.

Gr Tc 

• Sad 1

So I really didnt want it to have it end here. I went for the ultimate gamble and took a big brush and Revell airbrush cleaner....stripped the plane from this paint and I am off for a retry :)

Edited by Twentecable
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Twentecable said:

So I really didnt want it to have it end here. I went for the ultimate gamble and took a big brush and Revell airbrush cleaner....stripped the plane from this paint and I am off for a retry :)

Props for perseverance! Looking forward to the next update. 

2 hours ago, Twentecable said:

A Revell spray can....

Hello I tried some Revell cans  and they are very bad imho, especially when they are half empty or used for a second time. They blob then very fast and the paint is too thick. So not your fault.  If  I use a rattle can for primer then it's mostly the Spectrum paint from Action which should be available in Enschede as it is a dutch supermarket chain. Great stuff for spraying thin coats. Otherwise I use the usual stuff from a diy market but never again the little  and expensive Revell cans. Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Can you use something to strip the paint off ? 

Yes, I used Revell Airbrush cleaner. Put it on with a big brush.... Two layers, at the second you see the paint getting fluent again. Then I wiped of the paint with kitchen towel paper. The bird is almost clean as new, only a few crevices have some paint but not bothersome. See pic above.

• Like 2

I got so many tips and tricks I had to try again. Put the can into hot water for 5 minutes. Tested first on the sprue then on the model... So many thanks guys! I think this went very well and is workable.

Greetings TC

dGW5zgM.jpg

Edited by Twentecable
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Twentecable said:

I got so many tips and tricks I had to try again. Put the can into hot water for 5 minutes. Tested first on the sprue then on the model... So many thanks guys! I think this went very well and is workable.

Greetings TC

dGW5zgM.jpg

As you live in the Netherlands it's easy for you to go to the Action and buy the regular primer rattlecan they sell.

It cost you about 2 euro's and it has a perfect prime and silky smooth, but that is for the next time as this for the moment worked out for you.

Good luck with this build:yes:

Cheers, Jan

Edited by janneman36
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

As you live in the Netherlands it's easy for you to go to the Action and by the regular primer rattlecan they sell.

It cost you about 2 euro's and it has a perfect prime and silky smooth, but that is for the next time as this for the moment worked out for you.

Good luck with this build:yes:

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan, assuming you are from the Netherlands too. 

Anyway thanx for the tip. My first try (the stone plane) was with a Revell can. My second try, the pic I posted minutes ago, was with the Action primer. I think its 1,89€ so next to nothing and it worked great! I am not really used to spray with a can but I think I can build from here.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Twentecable said:

My second try, the pic I posted minutes ago, was with the Action primer.

Looks much better now. Cheap doesn't mean bad in this case. When I used them for the first time I had no great expectations but I was very surprised with the finish and now I love them for my purposes. I hope they sell them for a long time and spread their range a bit. They are just perfect for making my old die casts new again. When there is a mishap then, it's mostly my fault experimenting with other rattle can brands or my impatience on a second coat, although they dry very fast.

Btw the little Revell enamel pots are very good but then mainly for airbrush with a good thinner.

Cheers and agood restart on this. Benedikt

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 1

Thanks for the interesting information on the Action primer - my brother lives in Enschede so I think I'll drop him a line and he can bring some with him to Leeuwarden next week.

It will be interesting to see how it compares to the Halfords stuff I use now.

cheers

6 hours ago, Twentecable said:

I am not really used to spray with a can

Ive done whole camouflage patterns with rattlecans before i got my new airbrush. Tamiya's paints work really well and dry fast. The trick is a light even spray. Also multiple coats from a few different directions for even coverage. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2018 at 4:16 AM, Twentecable said:

So this one is done, failed :(.

Tried to put on pirimer from a spray can. Last time I try that! 

GqSUYxQ.jpg

With this the model is done. I consider stealing the cockpit out and build it into a new frame. Not sure yet.

Gr Tc 

I think you need to lighten up on the primer...

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

So guys finally an update. It was crazy busy privatly but there is progress.
So first the pre shading and filled the centers with white.
X0f6PLN.jpg

Then the blue grey. I used Vallejo and mixed 50/50 with white because I felt the basic colour was to blue.
qGIRbB9.jpg

So then came on the camo
Q1c7vnr.jpg

So then I tried the mottling. So I think I figured it out a bit now. Maybe not the best but I want to see how it looks after decalling and some fading so I will go for this...

srcn8lG.jpg

iYHc1Js.jpg

Greetings TC

• Like 1