Hello from Dmitrov, Russia

Serge Tkach

Hi, all!

I'm from Dmitrov, the small town near Moscow. I started to build models when I was a schoolboy. It was when Russia was the Soviet Union. In our country we had ex-Frog/NOVO and Plasticart (there was the firm from German Democratic Republic) models in those day. Other brands were difficult to get.

Now times have changed and we have amazing choice of kits, but those first kits forever remained in my memory.

I collect English aircraft of the WWII.

• Like 6

:welcome: Serge, to Britmodeller, this is a great place to be. The members here are always willing to help. My name is Joe, live in the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. My interests are 1/72nd aircraft, any era. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 12:29 AM, Serge Tkach said:

I collect English aircraft of the WWII.

Welcome Serge, this makes a change from Brits who mainly collect Russian aircraft of  WW2, I think there are as many combinations like that as there are members on here, the more the merrier. I look forward to seeing some of your work

Steve.

• Like 1

Stevej60, Steve,

thank you very mach for your greetings!

31 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

... this makes a change from Brits who mainly collect Russian aircraft of  WW2, I think there are as many combinations like that as there are members on here, the more the merrier. ...

Steve, I totally agree whith you! :smile:

• Like 1

On 02/04/2018 at 13:29, Serge Tkach said:

I'm from Dmitrov, the small town near Moscow. I started to build models when I was a schoolboy. It was when Russia was the Soviet Union. In our country we had ex-Frog/NOVO

I have been amused to see how those ex-Frog kits influenced Russian modellers,    we have another member here @Aardvark  who is from Donetsk,  and has posted some fascinating stories on those kits in the Soviet Union,  some of which are in this thread

which, having seen your excellent Donetsk toy factoryBlenhiem,   I think you might find an interesting read,  and I am amused we now have Russian modellers coming on here to share their Frog  nostalgia.

cheers

T

• Like 1

On 06.04.2018 at 16:44, IPMS19 said:

-Hi Sergei,

-Welcome in our community, I'm from France and I  built for some times now,  Soviet/Russian machines from Great Patriotic War to present days...

Hi, 

I'm pleased that you're interested in my country planes and history. Thank you!

Edited by Serge Tkach